Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. 19 Fall Tune Ups and Checks to Save You Money Throughout the Winter

by , 09-02-2011 at 01:19 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Repost:
    Cool weather reminds me of the things I need to do to get my home and family ready for the colder months ahead. Some simple preparation and prevention efforts now will save me money, hassle, and discomfort in the long run. Many of these items will cost some money up front, but they are usually cheaper when done before it gets too cold. The first night the temperature drops to freezing is not the time to find out that the heater doesnít work and that the tech charges 50% extra for emergency ...
  2. 19 Fall Tune Ups and Checks to Save You Money Throughout the Winter

by , 09-22-2009 at 07:08 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    We just had our first cool snap of the year. While it will be hot again by the end of the week, the cool weather reminded me of the things I need to do to get my home and family ready for the colder months ahead. Some simple preparation and prevention efforts now will save me money, hassle, and discomfort in the long run. Many of these items will cost some money up front, but they are usually cheaper when done before it gets too cold. The first night the temperature drops to freezing is not the ...
  3. Car Free: Living In America Without A Car

by , 08-09-2009 at 04:05 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    It comes as a shock to most people I meet, but I donít own a car. Three years ago I was thousands of dollars in debt and something had to give. I decided that it would be my car.

When I made the decision my friends and family thought that I was crazy. Truth be told, I even thought I was crazy. Nobody that lives in the suburbs lives without a car. If you think about it, there isnít anything more un-American than not owning a car. Yet that was exactly what I planned to do.