Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. The Wisdom of Sharing

by , 07-03-2009 at 09:33 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Stone Soup

There are many variations on the story of stone soup, but they all involve a traveler coming into a town beset by famine. The inhabitants try to discourage the traveler from staying, fearing he wants them to give him food. They tell him in no uncertain terms that thereís no food anywhere to be found. The traveler explains that he doesnít need any food and that, in fact, he was planning to make a soup to share with all of them. The villagers watch suspiciously as he builds ...
  2. Stockpiling To Save Money

by , 05-10-2009 at 07:22 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    One of the things that saves us the most money is our well-stocked pantry and freezer. Like many people, I used to shop once a week or more for the food we needed just for that week. It was annoying because I hate grocery shopping. As far as Iím concerned, the less time I spend there the happier I am. It was also expensive because I was just buying things for the week at the going price, regardless of whether or not they were on sale. Not to mention the gas I used going back and forth to the store ...
    Categories
    Frugal Shares