Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. Stuff I Just Donít Buy Anymore

by , 10-10-2009 at 07:25 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    We havenít had a significant salary raise in this household for quite some time. Yet, despite the fact that our income hasnít gone up very much, our standard of living has increased. Weíre able to travel more and buy more of our wants. Not all, but some. I wondered how this could be. If our income isnít going up significantly, how is it that we were able to increase our standard of living?

Part of the answer lies in aggressively shopping for the best prices on the items we need and
    Categories
    Frugal Shares
  2. How I Take Frequent Vacations on a Limited Budget

by , 08-11-2009 at 08:30 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Ah, itís that time again. Time to begin planning yet another vacation (the sixth for this year). And time for well-meaning (I think) friends and family to ask, ďHow do you afford to go on so many vacations each year when we canít even afford one? You must be putting it on credit
    cards or cashing out your home equity, right?Ē

ďNope, not even close,Ē I say.

ďThen you must be staying in flea bag motels and using courier flights or something, right?Ē

3. Recession Vacations

by , 08-05-2009 at 06:13 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    In this economy, many of us probably canít afford to take a summer vacation like weíre used to. But if thereís a trip you canít avoid in your future (like an out-of-town wedding or a family reunion), there are things you can do to minimize the cost of your trip no matter where youíre going. Here are a few suggestions on how to cut back:

Airfare: Do you have frequent flyer miles you can use? If not, if youíre close to an award ticket, consider buying a few miles to top off your account. ...
  4. 12 Ways To Save Money On A Cruise

by , 01-16-2009 at 07:11 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Iíve been researching prices for a cruise later this year and I am astounded to see how much prices have risen since we cruised last year. After speaking with some travel agents, Iíve learned that this is largely due to increases in the prices of fuel and food. The cruise lines have to pass on these costs to customers in order to make money. Itís understandable, but it still doesnít make a twenty percent increase in fares from one year to the next easy to swallow. Iíve always found ways to save ...
  5. Affordable Disney Family Vacation Packages

by , 01-02-2009 at 05:34 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Affordable Disney Family Vacation Packages - Click Here
    Family vacation packages for Disney World.