Frugal Village Forums - C@rol's Blog - Blogs
View RSS Feed

[email protected]'s Blog

I'll be sharing some things that I hope visitors will find interesting and helpful. Enjoy!

1. 10 Ways to Waste Money on Vacation

by , 07-15-2010 at 05:38 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    A vacation can be a lot of fun.

It can also be very expensive, although it does not have to be. There are many ways to cut costs on a vacation, but even the most conscientious cost cutters are sometimes guilty of throwing away money needlessly. It’s easy to waste money on vacation. You get in the vacation zone and you forget to watch your pennies. Either that or you get into the mindset of, “I’m on vacation, it doesn’t matter.” Then you come home to find large bills that could easily ...
  2. How I Take Frequent Vacations on a Limited Budget

by , 08-11-2009 at 07:30 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    Ah, it’s that time again. Time to begin planning yet another vacation (the sixth for this year). And time for well-meaning (I think) friends and family to ask, “How do you afford to go on so many vacations each year when we can’t even afford one? You must be putting it on credit
    cards or cashing out your home equity, right?”

“Nope, not even close,” I say.

“Then you must be staying in flea bag motels and using courier flights or something, right?”

3. Recession Vacations

by , 08-05-2009 at 05:13 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    In this economy, many of us probably can’t afford to take a summer vacation like we’re used to. But if there’s a trip you can’t avoid in your future (like an out-of-town wedding or a family reunion), there are things you can do to minimize the cost of your trip no matter where you’re going. Here are a few suggestions on how to cut back:

Airfare: Do you have frequent flyer miles you can use? If not, if you’re close to an award ticket, consider buying a few miles to top off your account. ...
  4. World's Largest Roadside Attractions

by , 05-27-2009 at 03:41 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    World's Largest Roadside Attractions

A collection of larger-than-life roadside attractions from around the world.
  5. American Hiking Society

by , 05-27-2009 at 03:19 PM ([email protected]'s Blog)
    American Hiking Society

Vacation time signals a hiking trip for many folks. The American Hiking Society is the perfect resource for those of you who want to enjoy the outdoors. The site is loaded with tips for hiking, information on trail conservation and policy, events and volunteer opportunities, hiking news, just about anything you might need to know about the sport. Check out all the details but be sure to have your boots nearby. It's hard to resist the impulse to set out on your ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast