Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    I love.....my friends like you Kelly!
    • |
    I...
    i am: going to put more layers on all winter to save $$ on oil.
    i know: that my happy marriage is the best thing in my life.
    i want: my husband to know he's my hero every day.
    i have: a fantastic submarine community that surrounds me.
    i wish: I could learn not to worry about everything.
    i hate: people who don't support our troops.
    i miss: summer!
    i fear: losing my husband.
    i feel: loved, content, supported, honored.
    i hear: my t yping.
    i smell: my hot cocoa.
    i crave: apple cider -warm!
    i search: for good deals daily!
    i regret: nothing- got me to where I am today!
    i love: my husband, family and friends.
    i care: about my husband, family and friends.
    i always: want to help others
    i am not: going to be negative about anything in 09.
    i believe: I can do anything.
    i dance: all the time!
    i sing: quietly - as not to bother anyone.
    i don't always: know how to relax.
    i truly desire: more worry-free relax time.
    i like: my job!(career)
    i write: when I want to.
    i lose: my mind when things don't go my way....
    i win: my husbands love and affection every day.
    i try: to understand others opinions
    i never: want to yell to make my point.
    i am greatful: for my husband, family and friends.
    i listen: to everyone.
    i am scared: that my husband won't come home one day.
    i need: affection.
    i am happy about: most everything!
    i tag: anyone who wants to erase my answers and fill in their own.
    • |
    Thanks. Its so much easier to eat heathier when the healthy food is there to grab instead of something unhealthy. And water is so much easier to drink now.
    • |
    I got mine on ebay.
    • |
    I don't use a credit card for anything anymore! I am reformed I tell ya! Reformed!

erum huh sorry....

Anyway I just use my debit/check card from my bank. It works just like a CC only the cash is drawn from you account. I do link it to a secondary account I have from when I sold ebay and NOT our personal account. If it all goes south i don't keep much in the account to hurt the family.
    • |
    Congrats! Good job on the weight loss! I'm on the same track with you! I'm surprised though, that even though I've been making healthier choices for 1/2 a month, some of them are starting to become habits! Instead of grabbing a pop, I'm automatically getting a glass of water now. And when I am bored, I'm finding something to do and not just heading to the kitchen!

I'll be watching for your update on Sunday!
    • |
    That is totally awesome! Sounds like you got some great deals! And if you have to drive that far for groceries, at least you made it worth your while!

Have fun with the birthday party! Our rule here is that they don't get parties with friends until they are in kindergarten, my son who will be 5 on the 25th is having his last small family party this year before we go "crazy" next year and invite other kids to join!
    • |
    I Just checked Amazon.ca Cause I am in canada and they have it for 18.87 the free shipping is on orders over 39 dollars. I got 25 dollars left from what my husbands father gave me for christmas and I wanted to purchase this book out of it, so I may go the route of getting the visa gift card out of that money and then using that to purchase the book. Thanks so much for your help.
    • |
    Yes, I think you can purchase with a prepaid visa card. I looked at my library and they have it so I am hoping to get there today to be able to check it out for a while. Keep your eyes peeled though, you never know where it will show up!
    • |
    DH got a prepaid visa for Christmas and used it online, so I know it can be done!

I looked at amazon, before I read your whole post and they have it for $12, and you can get free shipping on it, but you have to have an order of at least $25...but if you needed something else, it might be worth it!

There is copy on ebay too, right now it is at $10.50 with free shipping. The seller accepts paypal, and if I remember correctly, you can use a checking account to purchase it!
    • |
    I hope so, I am going to weigh again sunday to see.
    • |
    Sounds like a great shopping trip, especially the part where you got the free toilet paper because it didn't scan right!
    • |
    Great job! I bet if you weighed yourself on Sunday, it'd be a full pound lost!
    • |
    WOW is all I can say, you have been a busy bee. But at least ya stocked up on a lot of useful items and got birthday things to boot. My problem is I dont have alot of storage space, so If I got all this stuff, I'd probably have an extra freezer. Way to go!!
    • |
    Sounds like you got some really good deals! WTG!! I hope your daughter has a great birthday party and you survive it!
    • |
    thanks Debbie
    • |
    WTG Kelly!!! That is great!
    • |
    It is 45 minutes to an hour to the town I grocery shop in most of which is driven on the highway. The blower fan is what is given out so I do not get any heat and it will not blow cold air either. So if the windows started to steam up I had to put the two frount windows down a little to make it not be steamed up. Thats not all the bad news about the car, I checked on the part yesterday and because of the weather and high winds we have been having the boat that comes across the gulf could not cross so our part was put on the boat on monday and it has not crossed yet.
    • |
    Glad Im not the only one who ranted today,I swear, I feel thats all I do on here. Thats dumb that it took so long for the warranty to reach the proper people! Was this a warranty that you paid for up front, and you weren't allowed to exercise it until the paperwork was rec'd? Grrr... my hands would have been flyin!
    • |
    I hope you don't freeze to death going to get groceries! Where do you live and how far do you have to go to the next big town?

I was once without heat in my car and it was horrible! The windows kept freezing from my warm breath so I had to have the defrost on and the cold air coming out of there made it even colder!!! I feel for you and I hope you get it fixed soon!
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast