Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    sure u can come MMM fresh fruit and whip cream, never thought about that but it sounds sooo yummy.
    • |
    So-o-o when's the next pancake feast, can I come? Congradulations on your new skill. We have them sometimes with fresh fruit and whip cream. Yummy!!
    • |
    I never really learned how to do much from scratch before joining the village, but since comming here I have learned so much. All u need is a few staples on hand and u got yourself scratch pancakes!! I will deffinately be making them again.
    • |
    Way to go, I made scratch pancakes this past sunday, (it was a recipe I found online) and the kids absolutely loved it, they had the pancakes eaten before I could sit down and eat mine. Its amazing how much we find we can make, when we just do a lil research!!
    • |
    My family loves from scratch pancakes. I love choco chip ones personally. They always make such a great surprise. Good for you!
    • |
    Good for you Kelly!!! That's awesome. One more skill you know you can do on your own.
    • |
    haha that was meant to say no school this afternoon lol.
    • |
    Good luck Kelly!! We haven't gotten the storms yet just the really nasty cold stuff. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    • |
    Good luck on all your chores!! With DH making dinner last night, I was able to finish all mine including deep cleaning two bathrooms so today it is a fairly relaxed day! Yippee!
    • |
    Your welcome. I am going to try to find some more for Robyn as well.

Thanks for the tip on spinning the laundry an extra time, i will keep that in mind when I do some more today.
    • |
    I'll have to check out those novels for my 7 year old. He really wants to start reading chapter books, but I'm having a hard time finding ones that he is interested in. So thanks for sharing!

Maybe try spinning your laundry an extra spin when the washer cycle ends before you put it into the dryer. Before we bought our new dryer, I used to do this and it helped alot!
    • |
    Her dance instructor gave it to her as a christmas present. Now I need to look for more in the series, she enjoyed it. These books are the new series and I think are for a little younger then the original bailey school kids, but I am still sooo proud of her.

I remember going to the book sales and saying I cant wait till Robyn can read these beginner novels and stuff, I soo cannot believe that she is doing that already.
    • |
    The Baily School Kids are an awesome young adult series. I think that is really good for a 6 year old. I was a school librarian for many years and I think it is great. If she is enjoying the series, make sure she reads them all. Reading is the best thing for young children (and adults) and if she can find a series that she likes....all the better. Good for you by introducing her to the series!
    • |
    Thanks Debbie and Candy.

I am not sure I will get mine all completed today either, it snowed last night....dh is gone till tomorrow night, and I have a huge driveway that I need to get shoveled. The oldest got school in the afternoon, not sure how to go about doing the driveway weather to take both younger kids outside and do it, or wait till the baby goes to bed and take the middle child and the monitor out so I can hear the baby when he wakes. UGH
    • |
    You have a great list and action plan, Good luck! When you are done can you come and do mine. I don't seem to get it all accomplished. Candy
    • |
    Good luck tomorrow on your chores! I will be checking back in to see if you got them done!....lol.
    • |
    I know some of the sales that I see here are so amazing. I am doing better with some things tho, and have gotten some really good sales by combining coupons. It kinda sucks that u cannot use coupons.
    • |
    Good buys! The prices here in Australia are huge too, i admit i get jealous whenever I see the bargins that people report here, we don't even get coupons!
    • |
    Thanks Debbie.
    • |
    WTG Kelly!!! Congrats!