Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Thanks see you there.
    • |
    Great idea! I love reading so I'll join!
    • |
    There really isn't anything on your list that can't be done.

Believe in YOURSELF and don't let YOURSELF down and it will get done.
    • |
    Thank you so much homesteadmamma. Lots of times that is what I need...a little push from the sidelines to keep me going, trudging forward.
    • |
    You've got a great list of goals. I know you can do it because I've read your challenge on the forums. I'll continue to read and cheer you on here. Great job!!
    • |
    Thanks for the tips and ideas. I did not realize that you posted to this so I am a little late in replying, but every tip certainly helps.
    • |
    Thank you so much for your kind words.
    • |
    Hi there,
    Thank you for sharing your ideas.
    Here are some of mine.
    While watching TV we turn off the light and light the candles, it is cheap and romantic. Candles are not chea as well, but I am Thrift shop queen, if I come across a candle I buy it. The leftover chunks I save them, when I have enough, I melt and make a new candle. At thi present moment I am making 5 candles two layers (red and green). Even bying them at Dollar store I would have to pay $5.00 plus taxes. Well, I am going to deposit this $5.00 to my vacation fund. I am very practical and cook our meals from scratch, I save a lot over the years.
    During the summer I buy and freeze fruit for smoothies and vegetables for meals.
    Another tip I just tried, I had so much soap collectin all these years. I grated, then put an handfull in a nylon knee sock, then pre-soak my laundry. My work blouses, tops I handwash, and dry them on the hangers. Price book and coupns help.
    Now recovering at home after my surgery, (husband is overseas) my stock-up and freezer are very handy. I eves frooze raw egg, you have to beat them first.
    • |
    Good luck with your journey! Each small change you make will add up in the end. There's definitely lots of inspiration at Frugal Village. It has helped me time and time again.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516