Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    I agree with frugalwarrior, it will be her most memorable room. I hope hubby finds something soon.
    • |
    Good to see everything is still moving along. This room will be the most memorable from her childhood because she was so involved in it's creation.
    • |
    I am a lot calmer then I feel on the inside at times,....but there is no sense in panicking and causing the kids to get worried and causing more stress, so I am trying to figure out how we can get more situated in the mean time. I really need to do some major house cleaning because If I go to work I do not want to have to worry about things that I should have already had done.
    • |
    You really do sound calm which is going to help you in the long run. Good for you!

I hope DH finds something soon.
    • |
    Thanks Everyone
    • |
    I think you are doing a very good job. You sound calm and in control. Good luck.
    • |
    No need to go kicking yourself too much now. It's a process. Live and learn, you're getting there. You're still a bit better off than you could have been - as you learn and impliment a few things here and there - you'll be able to take things like this without missing a beat!
    We've gotten so that we look forward to Dh's slow season when he can be home from weeks to a month at a time - it's when we get our time in, and get the bigger projects done around the house...how twisted are we, LOL.
    • |
    It sounds like you've really taken the bull by the horns. I remember when my husband was laid off a few years ago. Sheer panic (no emergency fund, no stockpile, no nothing). I buckled down and immediately started cutting back like you are doing. Somehow we made it (unemployment was only 1/2 what he was bringing home previously). He's since moved on to bigger & better things.

Here's hoping the same happens for your family!
    • |
    Wow, I hope everything works out. We will be thinking about you.
    • |
    I am so sorry Kelly. I hope things turn around really quick for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    • |
    Hope things start to pick up. I know I have a lot of relatives working in factories and the credit crunch laid off a bunch of them. My prayers will be with you and your family.
    • |
    I am sorry. Use any thing available to you w/o regrats. Drug companies can help. When my husband was ill- I dumpster dove for coupons to sell online, curb shopped and sold at garage sales, sold metal scrap from garbage. Be alert,be flexible,try not to panic,think outside the box. See if he can use his skills in a new (under the table way). Please don't go out of touch completely, use the library to check in.
    • |
    My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I'm sorry to hear this. Good luck to you.
    • |
    I wish you the best and hope things work out for you and your family.
    • |
    That's great Kelly! I think he has it beat! I hope you are feeling better.
    • |
    It is now 3:15 and he has pee'd in the potty a total of 5 times so far with no accidents.
    • |
    Great job, I had to bribe my kids.
    • |
    That's great! I bet you are proud of him and he is proud of himself! It won't be long now and he won't have to wear diapers ever again.
    • |
    No taxes taken out here, and I do not think there is an option.
    • |
    Well keep your chin up, things have a way of working themselves out...does EI give you the option of taxes being taken out or not? I know in the states unemployement gives you the option.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast