Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I will do a more detailed blog tomorrow and explain how the work sharing is going to work out, and stuff.

Dalton ended up peeing in the potty 4 times yesterday. Then today we went out of town, an hour car drive each way, so we did not do much potty training today, when we got home he threw up everywhere, I think it was car sick, and then he went to bed for the night, so back to the potty training tomorrow.

Yes Mad hen, you are right, everything is major expensive. Fruit, is something that we also consume a lot of, and with the price of it, its just down right ridiculous what we have to pay to get it.
    • |
    Food costs have been ridiculous. I don't eat much meat, so I don't have to spend a fortune on it, but even fruit is getting pricey!!
    • |
    Awww, that is sooo cute about your son! Tell him congratulations!

I hope you can get your stockpiled back up before your hubby get laid off. I hope all goes well and that something wonderful will happen and you and your family will be okay.

You are dealing with everything really well.. been thinking about you lately so it was good to see your post. Take care!
    • |
    How do you feel about work sharing? Tell us more details when you know.

Congrats to you and your son!! That is cause to celebrate!!

You're doing a great job in getting prepared which will serve you well no matter what happens.
    • |
    We don't have a 911 here, and they went on once they saw me so I am guessing that there would be nothing that the police can do......
    • |
    I would have been so scared! Glad to hear you are safe and have a plan should this ever happen again.
    • |
    I would have been terrified out of my wits! I am glad that you and the kids are okay and that your brother was able to come right over and check things out. It was nice of your hubby to come home.
    • |
    Very scary...what about calling 911?

It's good that you went over what you could have done so you have a plan in your mind.

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this and very happy your husband could come home!!
    • |
    That would have given me a fright too! I'm glad you're all ok and your brother was able to come and make sure all was secure.
    It was also really nice that your hubby was able to return home. That always makes me feel better too
    • |
    How terrifying! I'm glad you're safe. I had something similar happen once. One night when my boyfriend was away on a trip I woke up at 3 am and went to get a drink. Then I heard someone out back trying to force open our glass patio door. I ran and got our housemate, who was a big guy, out of bed to go look. Scary stuff!
    • |
    That is exactly it They can choose to do work sharing but then could still get laid off, there is no guarantee that they will not lay anyone off. But if they choose work sharing and then they decide to lay people off then it is possible that they will not lay off as many people.

Just the same, they have cut back on evening shift and will be doing all next week with no evening shift to see if they can operate without that shift. If that happens, Stevens supervisor will be laid off.

Supervisors are not unionized, so once they are laid off they are not required to rehire them once things start looking back up again.
    • |
    Your hubby is in a difficult situation. This happened to my ex-husband before...face layoffs or everyone loses days of work. The workers with higher senority of course want the layoffs, the workers with lower senority want the loss of days. It is a hard for everyone. The choice ... who knows. If your hubby's co-workers decide layoffs and your hubby is still employed that is great for you but that doesn't mean there won't be another round of cuts later and then he will be cut. On the other hand, if the co-workers decide loss of days, that doesn't mean that the company will later choose layoffs anyway. I wish your hubby luck and you are doing the right thing getting everything you can on benefits before the decision is made. Smart move!
    • |
    Sounds like you have a solid plan and are getting prepared for whatever might happen. Take care of yourself so you can be your best for your family too. God bless.
    • |
    Thanks for all the comments and advice....not sure if we can use cobra here In canada or not....but so far so good, I will update shortly.
    • |
    I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, things will start to look up, just keep your chin up.
    • |
    I am so sorry Kelly, I hope all turns out well. I will be thinking of you and saying prayers.
    • |
    I'm sorry. We've been thru this too....the day before Thanksgiving they said Dec.23 would be the LAST day. We found work mid Jan. I'm hoping you'll be skipped. You are smart to get all your refills. I think the govt will help you with your cobra. Check into it. I'll be thinking good thoughts and prayers for you.
    • |
    Kelly, so sorry to hear it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    • |
    COBRA is good - we used it for our DD when she had to be out of school for a semester. Can you get 3 months worth of prescriptions at one time?

Am sending prayers and best wishes. Doesn't pay to get upset about the unknown - just prepare as best you can. Take care.
    • |
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. It's a good idea to get what you can done with his insurance while he has it. I know here, there's a plan called COBRA (not sure what it stands for), that entitles you to keep your insurance for 3 months after you loose your job (unless you were fired with grounds). That might be worth looking into - to let you know what time frame you have to work with if you have to seek alternate insurance aide so you can keep things running smoothly with the daily meds your family needs.

Good luck!!
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast