Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    I'm so sorry Riley is sick. I know you must be exhausted. The poor little guy sure is being brave. Good thoughts & prayers your way.
    • |
    That's great Kelly! Your hubby is beginning to realize the value and convience of having a great stockpile and it will help to get him onboard even more. That you can tell from him picking up the KD! Way to go girl, you are converting your hubby!!
    • |
    Poor little guy. The things that have been happening to him are so strange. I hope you find out some good news soon.
    • |
    Thanks Madhen. And also to everyone else who has been praying and sending positive thoughts our way.

He has complained of being tired a lot today, currently he is laying on the couch watching "The ant Bully". He looks like all he can do is keep his eyes open.
    • |
    I am so sorry he is having to go through all of this. I once went seven weeks of being deathly ill, going in every couple of days for some new invasive test, being "diagnosed" with multiple things and treated with multiple drugs, to no avail. After almost two months of being on enough Vicodin to knock out a horse, and having to sleep sitting up, because I would start to choke if I tried to lay down, they finally figured it out. Unfortunately, treatment is often a process of figuring out what it ISN'T, which is hard enough when you are an adult, but even worse when you are a child, used to adults being the ones to make it all better. Riley sounds like he is being a very brave little boy.
    • |
    Sending good thoughts!
    • |
    I hope they can get this sorted out soon!
    • |
    I really hate to hear he is still not feeling well. Hope they find something to make him feel better soon.
    • |
    We just realized that he has not eaten much today. He ate lunch, we had mcdonalds after his blood test. That was around 1. It is npw 9:33. Since the mcdonalds all he has eaten was one slice of bread, he is not even drinking much, this is so not like Riley. He usually has a healthy appetite and drinks well.
    • |
    Awww, that poor kid! I am glad tests are being done and hopefully you will find out something. He is probably pale looking with dark eyes because he has been so sick.

Take care Kelly of yourself too. My thoughts and prayers are with you everyday.
    • |
    Funny that you should mention this momto2boyz because as I was drifting off to sleep last night, this was the exact thought that came in my head.

He has not been tested for any type of allergies, but we do see the peadiatrician (spelling??) on march 4th.

We do have allergies in the family though. Rileys cousin is allergic to Peanut butter and I think certain kinds of fish.

His Aunt is allergic to Kewi, Banana (natural latex) and I am not sure exactly what else.

So I will be mentioning this to the peadiatrician when we see her on march 4th.

Last night he had a bad belly starting around 7:30-8:00 or so. He was tossing and turning and feeling like he was going to throw up. He finally fell asleep sometime around 10 I think. Then I went to bed around 11:30 or so and he kept tossing and turning (he slept with me) I could tell that he was not comfortable, and that something was wrong, he got up and opened his eyes, and I asked him if he still had a bad belly and he said he did. So I rubbed his belly for a bit, then he asked for a drink. So Dh got him a drink. He could not get comfortable most of the night, and said that he still felt pain.
    • |
    Thanks everyone. This is not including my student loans or Dhs student loans. But thats something else we have to work on.
    • |
    Keep it up!
    • |
    This might sound silly, but did they look into food allergies? Seeing as how it is kind of coming and going, like it is, I would almost wondering if it is something he is eating that is causing him to get sick so often. I mention it, becuase my son had an allergy to apples when he was a toddler. Anytime he ate apples, applesauce or any type of juice (becuase most have an apple juice base) he would get horrible, doubling over stomach pain, projectile vomiting and water diarehea (that had a horrible, consistent smell). (Sorry kind of graphic)

I know allergies can develop anytime, and have different reactions for people. I would guess the doctor probably would have covered this already, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Poor guy, he really deserves some relief! I hope he starts to feel better soon!
    Updated 02-24-2009 at 09:15 AM by Momto2Boyz
    • |
    You're doing amazing! It's a great feeling to have debts settled that were hanging over your head!
    • |
    I hope they can find something to relieve this pretty soon. Kids shouldn't have to go through this.
    • |
    I am sorry to hear that. I wouldn't take it personal even though it is a big disappointment. Kill him with kindness and heap some burning coals on his sorry A.
    • |
    Wow, you are doing great! Let me know how that book Eragon is. I have been thinking about reading it.
    • |
    Thanks. I have been keeping a detailed log of how he has been feeling and have been doing so since he first got sick in january, so I can print it off each time I go to the dr or whatever.
    • |
    Poor little guy! I have been going through some of the same myself and I am sick of it so I can imagine how he is feeling. My prayers are still being said for him and you Kelly.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast