Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    He still has had pain all day off and on, he took the zantac around 3 this afternoon. He still has had pain off and on, not much of an appetite. I hope that he gets well, but I will take him back in the morning if he is still sick for blood work and to see the dr again.
    • |
    I hope the little man start feels better soon. Try not to worry yourself too much and make sure you get as much rest as possible so you are able to handle the sleepless nights. (((hugs)))
    • |
    Oh man, poor guy! Just remember that tylenol on an empty stomach can produce more vomitting, and having done it before, it is the grossest throwing up ever! So, try to get something in his stomach while you're giving him the Tylenol...crackers or something!

I hope he starts feeling better soon! I've only had the flu once in my life and it lasted about 5 days. I have never been so miserable, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

I really hope he feels better soon!
    • |
    I'm sorry to hear about Riley! I hope he feels better soon.
    • |
    I hope he gets better soon! That stomach flu can hang on hard sometimes and it's so hard on the little ones.
    • |
    lol dont worry about it, under the challenge section, under the section health there is a challenge, loose a pound a week, thats the challenge that I am using.
    • |
    I'm going to join your weight challenge. I weighed in at 248 this morning. Looking at it on the computer screen really makes it look worse, as I can't cover it in the said. kwim?

ETA: I'm sorry, I didn't realize I posted in your blog.
    Updated 02-01-2009 at 03:25 PM by spyweb
    • |
    ((((Hugs)))) Kelly. Remember though that he is watching from above and is seeing your children grow up.
    • |
    Good for you Kelly!!! Congrats!!
    • |
    It was a wonderful visit.
    • |
    Thanks frugalfannie he is back to hiself. Thankgoodness.
    • |
    I feel for you. I lost my mother when I was very young. The anniversary of her death is still hard for me too.

Hugs,
    TD
    • |
    haha TinyDancer.
    • |
    I have 115 days to fit into my summer clothes. Can you send one of the tapeworms my way? JK!

Way to go on paying off Colombia House!!
    • |
    I hate bugs, and spiders, worms, everything YUCK I was just about gone when I saw the segment of it, then I looked up cat worms online, the most common was tapeworm and round worm, Its tapeworm. YUCK
    • |
    Thanks, it was nice to get it out of the way. It was the one bill that I put off each month if I did not have any extra money, now its gone

As for the cat, she was an indoor cat, and within the past 8 months to a year as been kinda a bit of both....I didnt realize that I needed to deworm her. So when I do the 2 cycles of the meds to deworm her I do not think we are going to let her outside again.
    • |
    Ugg. Tapeworm. When I had my indoor cats they got them. HOW???? Anyway, the meds will take care of it. But just the thought is creepy. I'm not very squeamish, but tapeworms are pretty low on my list.
    • |
    I worm mine cats periodically because they are eating birds, lizards etc and they get them from time to time. But every now and then it helps to do a stronger one.Great job paying off Columbia house.
    • |
    Good for you Kelly!! One more bill (Columbia House) off your list. Sorry about the kitty.
    • |
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

Okay lets see if I can clear somethings up. My Dh works out of town 1 hour away from us. His shift work is different each week carpooling is not something that he can do. But instead of driving back and forth each day he stays at his moms house until he is off for 2 days. Then comes home, this saves on the gas that he is using to get to and from work.

We do not have a cell phone. Just a land line. Cutting it is not feasable for us with three kids, one of which who spent from 3 - 5 years old being really sickm in and out of hospital etc. She is 7 now and has done really well in the last two years but I will not go without a phone.

We cut cable, and just have internet, and honestly neither of us want to do without it. I am finding it a great learning device when it comes to frugal living, and need the motivation. We are not doing any extra things, we do not spend money on ourselves, movies etc, so for now the internet will stay,if we need to in the future we will cut it. I have also thought about posting a few things on ebay again. I did that last year to make some extra cash. I used to sell avon, sometimes I wish I did not give it up.

Moving is not an option for us. We are in the cheapest area now. 360 a month is what we pay for our mortgage, if we rented it would be 500 or more. That is why we decided to move here and buy. Living with parents is also not an option, small houses and no room for a family of 5 to move in with them.

I have been using coupons and really getting some cheap and even free deals on food and hba products, and am stocking up. The hardest we find in food right now is meats and things like that. And we are a meat eating family. So thats kinda hard. After Feb. 20 we should be a little back on track as regards to what we pay out, columbia house will be paid off on the 15th, and two more debts equaling close on 500-600 dollars will be paid off. So that will help having that extra money.

Also I do not think that I mentioned that on the 20th of each month I get family allowance (child tax credit) in the amount of 907. This is helping us a lot.

I have not made a final decision regarding weather or not I will go bankrupt on this loan. I would love to pay it off, but am overwhelmed with having so much debt, and so little money.

if my 30000 were gone, then we could start trying to snowball dh's student loan. 30000 dollars would take us at least 3 years to pay off if we did not spend a penny on anything else. and we have 60000 not including mortgage, car etc......
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast