Frugal Village Forums - Lose a Pound a Week Challenge - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Lose a Pound a Week Challenge

My daily struggle to ditch the pounds and get back into my skinny jeans.

1. Run Like You Stole Something 3.7.09

by , 03-07-2009 at 02:39 PM
    So, I weighed in today .4 lbs higher than I did last week. I'm so frustrated, but not altogether surprised. I spent most of my week working on toning rather than weight loss since my foot was pretty sore all week.

On the upside, I've definitely started noticing more muscle definition in my shoulders and abs. If I could just lose 10-15 lbs, I'd have my 6-pack back.

I didn't go on the Run CHI run today due to a monsoon. Normally, I don't have a problem running in the ...
  2. Everything Hurts

by , 02-27-2009 at 04:13 PM
    I'm so incredibly sore from working out this week. It feels great! I took a new class today during my lunch hour. It's a core conditioning class (i.e., abs) taught by an ex-Navy Seal. Oh man, he kicked our butts! He is hard core! The class was only 30 minutes, but by the end we had done about 1000 crunches. I hope my abs are sore tomorrow!

I'm so ready for the weekend to begin. A friend of mine is throwing a Sex and the City party tonight, so I won't have to spend much money. Just ...

Updated 02-27-2009 at 04:13 PM by TinyDancer

Categories
    The Freak Show , Lose a Pound a Week Challenge
  3. Not Enough Hours in the Day

by , 02-24-2009 at 01:49 PM
    Lately, there just haven't been enough hours in the day to get everything done. Last week was crazy, but things are starting to slow down a bit.

Lose a Pound a Week
    I didn't exercise AT ALL last week and I ate out quite a bit. On the upside I lost .2 pounds. I did weigh myself on Saturday morning and I came in at 154.2.

I made a promise to myself to do better this week. I did 25 minutes on the elliptical machine and a 60 minute muscle conditioning class yesterday. ...

Updated 02-24-2009 at 01:50 PM by TinyDancer

Categories
    Money Talks , Lose a Pound a Week Challenge
  4. Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

by , 02-14-2009 at 11:33 AM
    I love Valentine's Day. I always have. It doesn't matter if I'm single or in a relationship...I love everything about the holiday. It's such a great excuse to drink some wine, eat some chocolate, and tell your friends and family you love them - even if it's on stupid Pirates of Carribbean Valentine Day cards (it was that or High School Musical. I don't know about you, but I rather be looking at Johnny Depp in eye liner and Orlando Bloom).

Anyway, I think today will be a pretty frugal ...

Updated 02-14-2009 at 12:30 PM by TinyDancer

Categories
    Money Talks , Lose a Pound a Week Challenge