Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    I check my husbands 403b and other balances to make sure I am on track. We fully fund his account since he is older. I just started putting 50 dollars per paycheck aside in my 403b this payperiod. I also hope money magically appears but it doesn't LOL
    • |
    My DH just landed in Bermuda for a week long business trip. Here i sit w/ 2 kids in the snow. I look at my fully finded BEF and feel better. A little security can go a long way to peace of mind. Yes,I do. No,it isn't just you.lol
    • |
    I log into my ING or other accounts too when i need a bit of motivation - I need to get a few things saved for this year so it does help and make you want to save rather than spend. Hope all goes well for you getting overtime and paying down your debt
    • |
    I sure did take pictures! I posted some of them in my Costa Rica album.
    • |
    Glad you enjoyed going. Did you get any good pictures.I would like to live vicariously through you as I will probably never go. lol
    • |
    Mmm that menu sounds pretty good, i could get use to those mornings, pineapples, ocean breezes mmmm yummy!
    • |
    Awww, I am so glad you had such a great time and I bet it felt good that all was paid for before you even left! Glad you are back on FV...we missed you!
    • |
    Your post came up as I was searching for Dam to Dam entries. I have been on the race committee for about 20 years and I think since this is our 30th year we should help you get to the race this year - May 30th. I will have your fee waived so you can apply it to your airfare or gas (its an easy 5 hour drive). Just go to our web site Damtodam.com and contact our administrator - let here no that Tom R waived my fee. We will enter you into the race. Check out the videos on our facebook - dam to dam or on youtube - search on "damtodamdesmoines".

Good luck!
    • |
    You must really be building some muscle! Good for you!
    • |
    Good luck with the race! You are one ambitious girl!
    • |
    A friend of mine just finished her lifetime goal of running a marathon in each of all 50 states by her 50th birthday. Sometimes, the value and reward can't be measured in money. Good luck with the marathon! (And with the training!!)
    Updated 03-12-2009 at 01:21 AM by madhen
    • |
    Great job!! I haven't been running in over seven weeks, so I am afraid to see how out of shape I am when I finally start up again.
    • |
    Good for you on your stats! A monsoon! Wow....
    • |
    How long have you been running? It is something I always say I will do and never start.... I love to walk though.
    Did you take body measurements before starting the program? Because if you are adding muscle you won't see the results on the scale.
    • |
    Thanks for sharing the article! I bookmarked it so I can look at it later.
    • |
    Well, I have sort of been doing this too. I have a very part time job (less than $500 a month). We use all my money to save and pay debt. At first it was $20 a week to savings and the rest to the one credit card. Next month, it is bye bye credit card, hello saving for a new roof (and EF).
    • |
    What a great price for such a fun night out! I am glad you had a fun time.
    • |
    Go Hawks! I've been to a Bears, Bulls, Cubs and Sox games...but still have not made it to a Blackhawks game...someday! Less than $20 isn't bad for stadium food, especially if it included a beer! They can get pricey!
    • |
    I have a friend (and former boss) who is a firefighter, and you're right, they do keep odd schedules. I worked as a business manager for this guy (who had a side business) and they don't realize that people keep "normal" schedules. I'd get calls from him regarding work at 10 pm!

Not saying that you couldn't have a "normal" relationship with him, but if he doesn't get that you have to go to work in the morning on a weekday, it'll probably be an issue!

It doesn't sound like you are all too interested in him to begin with, so it's probably not worth persuing! Not to sound chiche, but when you find Mr. Right...you'll know it, and you'll know that making comprimises is worth it!
    • |
    Awww, I am sorry. You are right...he does sound lazy. That is the first warning sign! Oh well, at least you tried and that is what counts. When you least expect it...Mr. Right will come along...don't fret.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast