Blog Comments

• |
    Happy (belated) Birthday!
    • |
    Thank you!
    • |
    Happy Birthday!!!
    • |
    Glad you like the IMac. LAMP is an awesome, easy environment to build. I was just sorry to see Oracle buyout MySQL. Hopefully, they'll keep it free.

And ya. I'll by trying to stay on the debt free wagon. I'll be getting rid of a couple of credit cards when I pay them off to avoid temptation.
    • |
    Welcome Back Linus! Cool stuff.

Now I can say I "Know" someone famous! Kudos to stepping up and sharing with others.

Good choice on paying down debt. :)

I bought an Imac last fall. love it. I use parallels to virtualize windows, linux, and a lamp environment along with google OS. :) It works well and inexpensive.

Don't fall off the debt free wagon! lol
    • |
    Yup. That's the idea. First, to make it part of life's routine and then to work at it. I still miss all the cycling I did to and from work way back when but I know I can't live in that past and need to find something that works in the here and now.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.
    • |
    Way to go, and if you just up the repititions on on of the exercises you're doing, you'll really start to notice a difference. Once your body becomes complacent up the anty! LOL
    • |
    Ya. And after the week I had, it was a good thing. I was ready to let the client know I wasn't please with their participation. People forget that to learn 100% you need two components: 50% of it is the instructor and 50% of it is the student. I did my 50% but they were around 10% so..
    • |
    Glad your day ended on a good note! We can all use one of those once in a while.
    • |
    Crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly with the government paperwork. I am sure everything will work out fine. Just keep moving forward.

Good Luck!
    • |
    Oh Linus, I am so sorry you are facing so many obstacles. Wishing you the best of luck that things will turn around quickly for you soon!
    • |
    At least you're moving steadily forward. Good luck with it all!!
    • |
    I'm a-tryin' to.
    • |
    Sounds like everything is moving in a positive direction for you!! That is fantastic!! Stay in that stream!
    • |
    Congratulations and its wonderful that you were able to find reasonable legal fees. I hope all continues to go smoothly and wish you all the happiness in the world.
    Jamielane
    • |
    Well, if I was in Canada it would likely be easier but since I'm living in the US (work visa), I have a few extra hoops to address as a result.

Some states make it easier to address the gender portion of things while others completely refuse. The issue that presents is that it can be a) dangerous b) cause more mental harm c) can prevent marriage, health benefits, etc. I don't know if I'll get gender changed (at least not while in the US) because of the gender discrimination I know I will face from my health provider.

But thanks.
    • |
    Congrats on the legality of it all, its amazing what hoops you have to jump through. A friend of ours changed her name, sex on her driver's license and ss and is now considered at least in Washington DC to be a male, but never took an ounce of T..Thats what amazed me. We have always considered him by the male pronoun anyways as long as I've known him.
    I thought it would have been easier in Canada!
    • |
    Thanks again. And yes, the legal fees would have been daunting -- especially since it's just to help navigate the legal waters of the US. With that done, I get to deal with the fees for this, that and other things that gov't put forth.

Whee.
    • |
    Congratulations. I hope every thing goes well for you.
    • |
    Congratulations! I am truly happy for you. It's great you were able to find ways to cut the legal fees - that can always be a daunting process (for anything) in of itself!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast