Frugal Village Forums - Uncategorized - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Venison Stew, and I'm Back!

by , 02-19-2011 at 02:52 PM
    Oh, hasn't it been busy lately! What with passing my driving test (finally) and getting a car, learning how to use it and some other personal challenges it hasn't left a lot of time for much, to be honest. I will say one thing: cooking really does relax me. I didn't realise how much until lately, but I find it more therapeutic and liberating than reading or going for a walk. The thought that someone will like what I've cooked, perhaps inspire them or make them feel warm and comfortable, makes ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Personal Challenges...

by , 06-09-2010 at 05:54 PM
    Things are always sent to try us. Like now, in my wardrobe my bike leathers still don't fit and it isn't likely that they ever will. Humph. But I keep trying. I've powerwalked an awful lot today, and done a bit of yoga to get myself a bit more toned. Then we sat down and watched 2012, and I had a bit of a cry. I'm hoping to post a lot more often

KB xx
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Cruisin'

by , 10-21-2009 at 10:32 AM
    Ok, so I'm back from holiday now. We finally took our honeymoon - a cruise around the Med - and are back with all our frugal intentions in place. A week of having everything we could possibly want provided has been amazing, but we came home to a slightly leaky loo and cold and rainy weather! I'm still wobbly from being more than a tad seasick, so I'm grateful for a couple of extra days off work so I can regain my balance.

Now, I've done a mealplan for the week so I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Back to Frugality

by , 09-07-2009 at 02:37 PM
    After a few weeks of being insanely busy and getting married, I'm back. I have a couple of weeks' worth of mealplans already and am working towards getting a big monthly one done. Some TV programmes over here have been giving me inspiration, and watching them with the new husband is proving to be both lovely and informative, as he is providing valuable insight as to the things he would like to try as well as the things he wouldn't! Totally useful information because I get really put off when ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Countdown

by , 07-19-2009 at 06:56 AM
    Not long now. I've started to make my wedding cake, and I'm getting a little nervous that everything is going to be a big flop. The first step:

Boozing the fruit.

I've taken a 2kg bag of sultanas and am currently soaking them in a bottle (75cl, I think) of white zinfandel wine. I'll leave that for a week or so for everything to absorb, and will take it from there.

I've been so busy. It's almost painful, all this planning, but it's getting there (I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast