Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Great find on the knitting needles! Good luck in getting it all done. I have been working on mine since December 26th of last year and I'm still not done!
    • |
    keep your eye out for yarn at garage sales as well as huge sales on it in the upcoming weeks and months. I was able to buy a 5lb ball at Walmart last year for under $3. I still haven't used it, but I know it's on my list too. As for my handmade list, I've just started it so hopefully by the end of this week (now that the kids are back in school and my brain isn't so mushy lol) I should have it done. I'll try and remember to load it up here so you can see. I know that I'm sewing placemats and coasters for most of my family, but still thinking about the rest
    • |
    You may not need all this special equipment? We make quesadillas & stirfry in our large frypan. Got rid of the wok years ago, the only thing I kept from the kit we were given one year for Christmas was the fry basket tool. I use them to drain pasta and other fried goods, like it better than a slotted spoon for many things.

Re a pizza pan? I have 2. I never bought cookie sheets, never saw the point. We use ours for pizza,roasting peppers, AND making cookies. It's just a big cookie sheet after all!

The wok took I kept looks like this:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/8-diameter-Bamboo-Skimmer-Strainer/dp/tech-data/B00012F3UO"]Amazon.com: 8" diameter Bamboo Skimmer/Strainer: Kitchen & [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41hZh9VdOYL[/ame]

Nice list!

Judi
    • |
    Great list!! It doesn't matter how many things you put on there - it is a WISH list, after all!!

One thing about the RO filter, though. Consider the replacement costs of the filters. They aren't cheap, and if your water is REALLY bad, you'll have to replace them often.
    • |
    Congratulations!! I couldn't stand to not have a washer. I'd be spending all my free time at the laundromat!
    • |
    I love the reflection on the last year. It's always nice to revisit those things that we went through to plan for the next stage/year of our life.

Breast is best! : ) I breast fed my daughter for ..eeek... almost 2 1/2 years. I wanted to make it to two years and we made it past that. But one year would be fantastic with the next one. Hell, even six months is better than nothing. However, it is hard work and there are all sorts of things that could frustrate you. Don't beat yourself up by not doing it though! I have no idea when you're planning to have another but if you ever need advice feel free to ask! I had a midwife with my daughter also. I wouldn't do it any other way. I'm done having kids now but any questions or anything I'd be happy to help any way I can.

Start a bee hive! Eeek. I really dislike bees but I understand the importance of them. So, please start a bee hive but not in my yard. ; ) laugh. Although my garden would love it!

Have a good day!
    • |
    Good review & plan!! It always helps to get it down, gives you a focus.

Frugal Village has helped me with many of the same things you have listed for goals. It is a wealth of knowledgeable people. We are all always learning together!

You will have a great 2011, Look at all those adventures to tackle!