Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Thank you.
    • |
    Good job on finding a new way to save money!
    • |
    (can't find the thumbs up smilie. ) Way to go! Love it when I can recycle/upcycle stuff. Right now I have some red velvet drapes I've torn apart for rug hooking. Looks luscious and much better than throwing them out.
    • |
    Sounds good. Good luck!
    • |
    I too don't have a lot of time. I am up late and up early, just to get all the work done. And it never ends. Sometimes, I give myself time frame to finish a particular project. Say I will work on sometime until 9:00, then start something else. I wish I could stay at home. Don't feel guilty. You are maximizing in other ways. It pays off.
    • |
    Wow, I am impressed that you were able to spend so much time couponing. I did a lot when I was a stay at home mom but since I have been working, it is all I can do to cook, clean and keep up with kid activities.. as a result I feel guilty that I am not maximizing my savings using coupons..
    • |
    WTG!

I'd like to see pictures.
    I think a thrifted wardrobe makes so much sense!
    • |
    I agree it is a lot harder having to change what worked for me in the past...I paid 1.50 fro sahmpoo that I used to get for free..different thinking free stuff is going to be harder to get
    • |
    I think we will have to re-do our frugal ideas because the economy is not cooperating with our budgets !!
    • |
    Thanks...I had no idea there were soooo many discounts!!!
    • |
    I second that. Thanks for the comment.
    • |
    I'm right there with ya, the money does not go as far as it use to and all I keep thinking is all the presents I do need to purchase. Albeit I am doing the homemade route for the girls at work, which cuts down on a lot of extras, but I"m stretching my dollar as much as the next person. Lets make a pact...New year, new spending habits or lack their of!
    • |
    Thanks Judi Dial for the info. Any info is good to have.
    • |
    Food prices in the U.S. are typically the lowest between 11/1 and 12/24, at least on staples, as the markets use those as loss leaders.

Because of this, I plan to build my stockpile in that period.

Sorry, I haven't read your previous post, so I'm not exactly sure what you're doing, but thought the info. might be helpful!

Judi
    • |
    Thanks for the compliment. It is only for me and my husband, but we have relatives who come by frequently and often. They are always borrowing or staying for dinner. My food bill should not be so high.
    • |
    I think you are doing great. I do not know how you would be in a better place by not doing what you have done. Not sure of your food budget? Sometimes food is wasted and that can cost more. Not sure how many you are cooking for.