Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    Yes, staying focused is the key for us, and you are absolutely right, this frugal forum helps me as well. When I am living more frugally so does my husband which usually doubles our savings!
    • |
    I understand your struggle completely! I find I'm more frugal during the winter months, when hydro bills go up and grocery prices are high. Summer months have more temptations, especially since there is so much more to do (for those of us who don't ski). I'm on and off the frugal wagon, myself. But staying aware is a good thing I also realized recently that my spending has been over the top, and so find myself back on the frugal village site looking for inspiration. Good thing we have this forum to help us stay focused
    • |
    another task off the list. Too cold to open the sunroom. I hope it warms up today , just need to sweep out the garage and vacuum the van yet from this list, yea!
    • |
    10 hour work day, very stressful and busy weekend. pounding headache for several hours. 2 hour rest when got home. Will finish this list tomorrow as it is my day off.
    • |
    After work went grocery shopping, did well stocking up on sale items. Saved 36 cents per gallon on 15 gallons gas and receipt said I saved 46% on groceries. I'll take that. Got home put groceries away, then off to Mass with not a minute to spare. Now I'm drying linen for the respite clients beds while watching the Wisconsin Badgers basketball team. I bought some fat free frozen yogurt and it was a nice treat tonight.
    • |
    with the help of DH and DS - tasks for today done, along with laminate flooring cleaned and vacuuming of main floor by DH, and all but three of the extras left. I may get to them after a nap!
    Your'e right Maui feel like a winner!
    • |
    Love it! No matter how much you get done, you win!
    • |
    Good luck and see you soon! Hugs!
    • |
    You may not have had a travel day, but it sounds as if you had a relaxing one!
    • |
    All great ideas.
    • |
    No real thing has come up yet. I do need to finish taking a test for American Express. Will try and do it today. Thanks for asking.
    • |
    Thanks mom21, and how are you doing with the job search?
    • |
    Sounds like you are doing great!! Congratulations on paying down that debt.
    • |
    Oh wait. One thing I would do is pay my nail tech to come to my house so I don't have to go out. I have to have my nails done as I am a biter, and a bad one at that. I can bite into the quick within a few minutes. It is more of a need than a want. It hurts so much to bite my nails. You would think I would quit, but nope.
    • |
    Welcome back. Stinks about the ticket.

As far as winning 5,000 a week, I would remain grounded. After taxes it would leave me enough to pay off my bills and fix up my house a bit that is falling down around our ears so I could then move to at least north Florida. After that, I would spend it for my dd's college, and maybe take a nice vacation every year. I really want to go to Tahiti and Fuji. I would take my daughter of course and my sister as she treated me to an all inclusive trip to Aruba about 4 years ago. Other than that I'm not much of a shopper. I can see it accumulating in an account for my daughter when I pass away. if I live long enough, I would help her get a house once she is settled in a job. I don't have a lot of wants.
    • |
    Let us know. I'm new and need to learn from every one on what is working and what isn't.
    • |
    Making me more aware as well! I better keep some easily prepared meals for him at home while I'm at work.
    • |
    Thanks Debbie
    I always seem to have some type of well intentioned plan. If I could only follow through with my plans and meet my goals. Maybe this time... I won't give up trying.
    • |
    Nice that your dentist is willing to work with you!
    • |
    I agree that there is nothing better than your our bed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast