Frugal Village Forums - Creative Call - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Creative Call

1. Summer Happenings

by , 07-11-2013 at 05:30 PM (Creative Call)
    It has been a busy summer so far. I still tutor four mornings a week. I tutor ESL to both adults and children. It is volunteer work I do through the church. I also managed to teach a gentleman to drive Canadian style. He has his license and I am relieved I do not have to drive with him anymore.

My brother, who lived in High River, AB, lost most everything in the flood there. I have been busy keeping up with what's happening and seeing where we can help. I decided that gift ...
  2. And the De-Clutter Continues

by , 04-23-2013 at 11:05 AM (Creative Call)
    What a day yesterday! I managed to achieve a lot. I was tutoring all morning. And on the way home came across a neighbor whose car was stuck in the snow and ice in the back alley. She had hit the ruts the wrong way and ended up in the snowbank, overshooting her garage. I tried to chip away at the ice under her bumper with an thingie that breaks up ice. Don't know what they're called. Realized she and her husband were of little use. They are very senior. Said a prayer for help, and who should ...
    Tags: declutter
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Decluttering CDs

by , 04-18-2013 at 03:23 PM (Creative Call)
    I have well over 300 CDs in this house. Most of them I inherited when my mom died. A lot of them I do not want to even listen to. I have been loading the ones I do want to listen to onto my laptop. And then listing them for sale online. So far no one has inquired about them. We will see. They may be destined for charity. Or a very cheap sell to the local used bookstore.

My plan, once everything is loaded on my computer, is to back up to a flash drive. I am smiling thinking ...
    Tags: declutter
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Saving for Renovation

by , 04-17-2013 at 03:24 PM (Creative Call)
    So the move to improving our retirement situation is two pronged: save money and earn money. Hubby does a great job on the second one. Not so great on the first. I do good on the first, but not so great on the second. It's either a recipe for disaster or a recipe for success. I am being optimistic and saying a recipe for success.

First object is to find out where we are financially. I discovered we have improved our net worth by a considerable amount since last year this time. ...

Updated 04-17-2013 at 05:51 PM by peanut

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Bits and Pieces

by , 04-13-2013 at 03:26 PM (Creative Call)
    It's a windy, blowy, overcast day here on the prairies. Currently we're at a balmy 0*C. So nice to have warm weather again! Though with the wind chill it's -8*C.

I am home with nothing to do really. A day for a nice break. I have been hooking rug, and planning menus for the trip to the coast. A lot depends on who is going with us, so I'm not getting too serious about it yet.

I took some time today to download MySimplerLife.com's Declutter Calendar. I'm a ...