Frugal Village Forums - Creative Call - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Creative Call

1. It's official!

by , 07-05-2014 at 11:24 AM (Creative Call)
    We signed the dotted line for the kitchen cabinets and countertop. Total cost will be about $9000, half of which we already put down in a deposit. We also bought a dishwasher and range hood, for $1100. Now all we need to do is buy the backsplash tile and decide on the flooring. August will be an expensive month!

On top of that we received a dental treatment plan for myself for $6500!!! I about fainted. Insurance will only cover $2500. I am looking for a second opinion from ...
  2. I'm Back!

by , 06-25-2014 at 09:22 PM (Creative Call)
    Sorry for the long absence everyone. I had a slight problem with my heart over the winter months and now sport a brand new piece of equipment called a pacemaker. I feel much better now. However other areas in my life have suffered.

What are we up to these days?

We have embarked on a kitchen renovation. Contractor is signed up to come mid-August to start ripping things out. I am packing up dining room stuff to make room for kitchen stuff as it is our makeshift kitchen ...
  3. Is it Fall Already?

by , 08-14-2013 at 07:14 PM (Creative Call)
    The leaves are already turning yellow on some of the trees across the alley! I feel cheated out of summer. I have been very busy.

The last couple of days I canned 32 cups of sugar-free applesauce (with stevia). I also finished hooking 5 rugs for sale, and have another 4 almost ready to go. I received a cheque for the ones that sold. That feels good.

I am gearing up for a big sale this fall. I was given 'heads up' notice one of the shops I sell my rugs at will ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Carefree Summer?

by , 06-28-2013 at 08:39 PM (Creative Call)
    What's that? Well things have slowed down a bit here, but I am busy catching up on my rest and crafting. I finally hung the paintings I had framed on the wall. It required an entire shuffle of paintings throughout the house. We decided to use our long hall wall as an art gallery/storage for paintings. It will be kinder to the paintings than storing them on the floor in the basement or in a cardboard box.

The upshot of all this is I have new paintings on my living room and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Back home again

by , 06-16-2013 at 08:06 PM (Creative Call)
    Had a kid from church come over to help DH mow the lawn and do some weeding. It started to rain, so they came inside and I had him help me make some Blueberry Muffins. He and hubby were right at it looking at astronomy stuff on the Internet. I invited him over sometime to use our telescope ($20 at a garage sale) to look at the night sky.

Did up a schedule for the week on iCal and about fainted. It's wicked busy! I insisted on building in half hour rest breaks twice a day. Otherwise ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast