Frugal Village Forums - Creative Call - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Creative Call

1. Phew!

by , 08-14-2014 at 11:34 AM (Creative Call)
    Financial crisis averted. The second opinion on the dental work revealed it was mostly cosmetic and only one area needed a watch on it. Dentist said to come back and see him in 6 months.

Financial planner is great! Can't go into details because we signed a confidentiality agreement, but I can say she is worth every penny. She is helping us unearth and deal with things that need serious consideration prior to retirement.

I also decided to look at my medication this ...
  2. November Update

by , 11-04-2013 at 07:19 PM (Creative Call)
    It has been a busy month. I have been busy rug hooking for an upcoming sale.

I spoke to my accountant about DreamsTime and HubPages and decided not to do them. I am Canadian and would have to file US Income Taxes to get the advantage of a tax treaty between the US and Canada. Filing a US return from Canada costs $800-1000 according to my accountant. Without filing US income tax the US government takes 25% of my earnings...even though I'm Canadian. Nuf said.

Frugal ...
  3. Summer Happenings

by , 07-11-2013 at 05:30 PM (Creative Call)
    It has been a busy summer so far. I still tutor four mornings a week. I tutor ESL to both adults and children. It is volunteer work I do through the church. I also managed to teach a gentleman to drive Canadian style. He has his license and I am relieved I do not have to drive with him anymore.

My brother, who lived in High River, AB, lost most everything in the flood there. I have been busy keeping up with what's happening and seeing where we can help. I decided that gift ...
  4. Hobbies +$$$?!

by , 04-08-2013 at 06:19 PM (Creative Call)
    One thing I did do in spades since last year is hook rug and spin. The spinning is going into my rugs. I spin natural fibres and combine them with silk and wool fabric to hook original designs on a linen backing. I have also been spending money on online courses. Plus I was in four different crafts sales.

This all costs money. I figure I spent $1200CAD on those two alone last year, and I was holding back. This year I have spent about $500CAD. These figures include 3 online ...
    Tags: hobbies
    Categories
    Uncategorized