Frugal Village Forums - Creative Call - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Creative Call

1. It's official!

by , 07-05-2014 at 11:24 AM (Creative Call)
    We signed the dotted line for the kitchen cabinets and countertop. Total cost will be about $9000, half of which we already put down in a deposit. We also bought a dishwasher and range hood, for $1100. Now all we need to do is buy the backsplash tile and decide on the flooring. August will be an expensive month!

On top of that we received a dental treatment plan for myself for $6500!!! I about fainted. Insurance will only cover $2500. I am looking for a second opinion from ...
  2. Is it Fall Already?

by , 08-14-2013 at 07:14 PM (Creative Call)
    The leaves are already turning yellow on some of the trees across the alley! I feel cheated out of summer. I have been very busy.

The last couple of days I canned 32 cups of sugar-free applesauce (with stevia). I also finished hooking 5 rugs for sale, and have another 4 almost ready to go. I received a cheque for the ones that sold. That feels good.

I am gearing up for a big sale this fall. I was given 'heads up' notice one of the shops I sell my rugs at will ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Summer Happenings

by , 07-11-2013 at 05:30 PM (Creative Call)
    It has been a busy summer so far. I still tutor four mornings a week. I tutor ESL to both adults and children. It is volunteer work I do through the church. I also managed to teach a gentleman to drive Canadian style. He has his license and I am relieved I do not have to drive with him anymore.

My brother, who lived in High River, AB, lost most everything in the flood there. I have been busy keeping up with what's happening and seeing where we can help. I decided that gift ...
  4. Back home again

by , 06-16-2013 at 08:06 PM (Creative Call)
    Had a kid from church come over to help DH mow the lawn and do some weeding. It started to rain, so they came inside and I had him help me make some Blueberry Muffins. He and hubby were right at it looking at astronomy stuff on the Internet. I invited him over sometime to use our telescope ($20 at a garage sale) to look at the night sky.

Did up a schedule for the week on iCal and about fainted. It's wicked busy! I insisted on building in half hour rest breaks twice a day. Otherwise ...
  5. Vacation Update

by , 05-11-2013 at 04:07 PM (Creative Call)
    We are going on vacation...somewhat. Things being what they are, we have very little time for vacation this year. Hubby has five weeks vacation through work, but we cannot afford to take them if we want to fix up the house. Soooo...

We are going to take 7 days to go to the West Coast to see hubby's nephew married. Then we'll come back in time for an Awards Night I am supposed to attend. And then we'll head to a friend's community for their 100th birthday bash for a weekend. ...
    Tags: vacations
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast