Frugal Village Forums - Ranch Diary - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Ranch Diary

A weekly journal of life on Mad Hen's ranch.

1. A week on the ranch blog 2012

by , 01-08-2012 at 10:50 AM
    For those who followed this last year, I have reconstructed it, but on Blog Spot.

The link, for anyone interested, is:

http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.co...ry-7-2012.html
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
  2. A week on the ranch (March 21 - March 27, 2011)

by , 03-28-2011 at 11:42 PM
    Spring is officially here, although you'd never know it from the weather! Two separate and extremely severe winter storms passed over this week, with intermittent rain showers. So it was no surprise to see Girl, my donkey, limping, as wet weather and hoof abscesses go hand in hand. However, it turns out that it is not an abscess. Instead, her chronic sporotrichosis resulted in a lesion on her coronary band, which resulted in an infection in the front of her hoof that literally blew out the hoof. ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
  3. A week on the ranch (March 14 - March 20, 2011)

by , 03-21-2011 at 11:27 AM
    Very little happened on the ranch this week, because we were hit by several storms, and I think I had one full day of dry weather to actually do anything in between bouts of rain, hail, and wind. I guess winter is digging in its heels, and has decided to let its presence be known one last time before giving in to spring!

I have decided to devote this week's blog to the animals who share my life. I mention them, but I don't think I've ever discussed each one in any detail.
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
  4. A week on the ranch (March 7 - March 13, 2011)

by , 03-14-2011 at 11:40 AM
    This week just flew by, for some reason.

March 9th was my sister's birthday. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to do the whole routine of surgery, chemo, and radiation, about seven years ago. This week, she turned 50, so I thought we should do something special. I wanted to buy her a season pass to the theater, but the passes don't go on sale until May, so I bought her a huge tropical bouquet, took her out to lunch, then went to the mall with her. (And you'd have to ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
  5. A week on the ranch (February 28, 2011 - March 6, 2011)

by , 03-07-2011 at 09:03 AM
    This week brought two new guests to the house. The first is a small white water bird who has been hanging out at my pond. I think it is a small egret. Very pretty, all white, and freaks my dogs out to see it, so I know it is there when everyone starts barking! I am sure it has dined on a few of my goldfish, but the pond is deep, and the smarter fish can hide under the water plants, so I suspect most will survive.

The second guest is my elusive little feral cat. I finally caught ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast