Frugal Village Forums - Fat Hen to P.H.A.T. Chick - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Fat Hen to P.H.A.T. Chick

Mad Hen's Miraculous Flight (because chickens can't fly) from frumpy to fabulous....

1. Raw Vegan Challenge Day 21

by , 05-23-2012 at 08:14 PM
    For those of you who follow my blog on Blogspot, this is a repeat.

I have been mentioning this challenge in my previous blogs, but I haven't really dedicated a full blog entry to it, so here we go.

I discovered raw vegan food about seven weeks ago. I can't even remember what got me interested, but on a lark, I did a search for "raw vegan" in my area, and found The Green Boheme restaurant. I stopped by there and ordered a "Cool Italian" sandwich, ...
  2. Trips to the gym

by , 12-26-2010 at 09:03 PM
    I won a gym membership this summer, while volunteering at a charity event, so I have been going about 2-3 times per week, mostly just getting on the treadmill, but at least once a week, I head across the lobby to the weight room and brave all the 20-something young men who apparently have no jobs and yet somehow have money to spend on gym memberships.

I haven't gone for three weeks now, due to work priorities that took me out of town, so I am going to head back tomorrow. It is hard ...
  3. 08/24/2009 - Fat Hen to P.H.A.T. Chick Journal

by , 08-25-2009 at 10:57 AM
    Posting a day late. Monday was not a great day, for a number of reasons. Hardly worth posting, but here goes:

Diet - 2 cups of coffee with cream/sugar; handful of grapes; about 5-6 cherry tomatoes.

Water - none

Exercise - nothing

Had some sad news on Sunday night that drained me emotionally, coupled with another visit to the doctor for my back (Vicodin, MRI and X-rays scheduled for Thursday, possibly steroid shots in my future -better than ...
  4. 08/21/2009 - Fat Hen to P.H.A.T. Chick Journal

by , 08-22-2009 at 12:12 AM
    Diet: 2 cups of coffee with cream and sugar; approx 2 peaches (dehydrated slices); 1 vegan burger with a side salad and approx 3 fries.

Water: 8 glasses. Barely.

Exercise: Did my PT and not much more.

I don't think I'll have lost any weight by tomorrow's weigh-in. I sneaked a peek tonight, and I was 148, so I don't see 4 pounds melting away overnight. I am HOPING I didn't GAIN any, but if I did, I am just racking it up to water gain, as I didn't ...
  5. 08/20/2009 - Fat Hen to P.H.A.T. Chick Journal

by , 08-20-2009 at 11:56 PM
    For some reason, my back was really not doing well today. I made it through a couple of my exercises, but it was painful, so I opted out on the others, as per previous advice of my physical therapist.

Diet: 2 cups of coffee with cream and sugar; approx 2 peaches (dehydrated slices); one large bowl of veggie chili with pasta.

Water: Approx 6 cups. I didn't drink as much as I normally have been at work, and I didn't feel like playing "catch up" at home.
Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast