Frugal Village Forums - Ranch Diary - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Ranch Diary

A weekly journal of life on Mad Hen's ranch.

1. A week on the ranch (June 8 - June 14, 2009)

by , 06-15-2009 at 11:17 AM
    Wow, every day this week was crazy! Work was super-charged, ending with being out on the range all day on Friday (and still being sore). The rest of the week was meetings and interviews and running from one location to the next! This week is going to be similar, T-Th, with a day on each end to prepare and recover!

On the ranch, the garden is really starting to produce. Right now, I am collecting all sorts of summer squash, and the beans are right behind. Green tomatoes, so ...

Updated 06-16-2009 at 12:59 PM by madhen

Categories
    Ranch Diary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watergardens.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	154.5 KB 
ID:	23595  

2. A week on the ranch (June 1 - June 7, 2009)

by , 06-08-2009 at 01:15 AM
    First week of June!! Woo hoo!! I am a little biased, because June is my birth month, but I just really like this month. June seems to be when everything I planted starts to bear fruit, and when the weather goes from cold to comfortably cool, and it is also the month that I used to start summer break as a kid, when I was in school. So overall, nothing but good associations with this month!

Thankfully, things at work have started to slow a bit. I was still busy every day, but ...

Updated 06-08-2009 at 01:21 AM by madhen

Categories
    Ranch Diary
  3. A week on the ranch (May 25 - May 31)

by , 06-01-2009 at 10:41 AM
    Wow, I can tell it has been a rough week when my activity level "status" on FV goes from 100% to 81%!!

Crazy, crazy, crazy at work, culminating in me driving up north several hours in the dark of morning to assist in three searches, and not getting home until the sun was down that night. The next day, Friday, was the inevitable clean-up day, so again, home at 8:30pm. I have never so looked forward to a weekend!!

On the ranch, life went on without me. The ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
  4. A week on the ranch (May 18 - May 24, 2009)

by , 05-26-2009 at 02:08 AM
    A little late posting to my blog this week. Today is actually Monday, but I'll try to confine it to the appropriate week.

Rudy the Roo is still on his medication, and the new dosage of Baytril seems to be doing the trick. As he gets to feeling better and better, he is getting harder and harder to catch! Last night, Chester and Kracker (two more of my roosters) decided to have a dueling banjo crow-off at about 1 am. I went stumbling out, flashlight in one hand, gun in the other, ...

Updated 05-26-2009 at 02:34 AM by madhen

Categories
    Ranch Diary
  5. A week on the ranch (May 11 - May 17, 2009)

by , 05-18-2009 at 10:59 AM
    It was a disappointing week at work, mostly because I was so busy, but a lot of what I put into motion didn't give me the results I had hoped for. Several meetings with people we had really wanted to talk with, only to have them be untruthful. One huge project that I started, then handed to another team, because we decided that my team had to concentrate on something else, only to learn, at the end of it all, that the project didn't get done and has now landed back into our laps.

Updated 05-18-2009 at 07:36 PM by madhen

Categories
    Ranch Diary
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast