Frugal Village Forums - Ranch Diary - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Ranch Diary

A weekly journal of life on Mad Hen's ranch.

1. A week on the ranch (March 30 - April 5, 2009)

by , 04-06-2009 at 12:33 AM
    Wow, the year is already 25% over!! Slow down, already! I'm not ready for summer yet!!

For some reason, this week felt like the week that spring truly arrived. Every fruit tree I have is green, and all the ones that are supposed to bloom are doing so like gangbusters!! I was also thrilled to see that a willow that I transplanted this winter, and believed had not made it, was bursting with little green leaves when I trekked up to the fishpond to feed the goldfish and happened to ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
  2. A week on the ranch (March 23 - March 29)

by , 03-30-2009 at 02:04 AM
    Busy week at work, which always makes the days fly by. I had a knitting class on Thursday and a beading class on Saturday, so it was also a well rounded week!

After a rainy weekend, the sun came out again on Monday, and it was a short-sleeve-shirt kind of week. Which was nice, because I did a lot of walking and outside work. Also got stuck in my share of meetings - yawn.

My knitting class was my sweater workshop. I am still working on the body, and I hope to ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
  3. A week on the ranch (March 16 - March 22, 2009)

by , 03-23-2009 at 01:18 AM
    And what a week it was!! Another one of those maelstrom of energy kind of weeks that makes the days fly by!!

I had to fly to Vegas in the middle of the week, for work. The weather was beautiful, but I really hate that city, and couldn't wait to get back home. I think I'm allergic to Vegas! Or maybe I'm just allergic to noise, traffic, and really low-class people who are too self-absorbed in their own hedonistic whirlwind of self-destruction to give a thought to the damage they ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
  4. A week on the ranch (March 9 -March 15)

by , 03-16-2009 at 12:22 AM
    It was a good week overall. I feel like I progressed as an individual, which is the best thing I can hope for in my life.

My sister celebrated her 47th birthday this week, and we went out to lunch together. She was diagnosed with breast cancer six years ago, and watching her go through that, and how it has changed her as an individual, makes me more appreciative of my own time here on earth. She lives under the shadow of a darkness that affects every day of her life, more so right ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
  5. A week on the ranch (March 2, 2009 - March 8, 2009)

by , 03-09-2009 at 10:52 AM
    This has been a week for knitting!! I attended two different knitting classes, and learned how to knit "mosaic" and refreshed my self-taught knowledge on how to knit cables. This resulted in a flurry of creativity, and now I'm imagining all sorts of places I can take these new talents!

It started out as a wet and stormy week. March lived up to its promise and came in like a lion and a half. Storm, storm, storm, rain running across the driveway like a river, animals ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary