Frugal Village Forums - Fluff and Feathers - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Fluff and Feathers

Miscellaneous flotsam and jetsam that happen to get trapped in the passage through my brain....

1. Today is the first day of the rest of your life...

by , 09-02-2008 at 12:07 AM
    Okay, so here it is, the first of the month. Maybe not as exciting as the first of the year, but still a "clean slate" kind of day for setting goals and stepping out into the kind of life you want for yourself.

I have taken on a number of goals this month, and I hope I can live up to my expectations!

First, I have started a no-spend challenge to see how many days out of the month I can go with spending no money at all. Those who have joined up have their ...

Updated 12-16-2008 at 08:53 AM by madhen

Categories
    Fluff and Feathers
  2. ...and the hits keep coming

by , 08-31-2008 at 10:33 PM
    Okay, so for the past several weeks, I have been averaging fourteen hour days at work. There have been days when I have just given up and slept in a sleeping bag on the floor of my office, because I was too tired to make the trip home.

So last week, in the middle of everything, I am hand-feeding two baby Gouldian finches. This alone is very stressful and time-consuming. It seems you are just done washing and cleaning up after one feeding and then you have to start getting ready ...

Updated 12-16-2008 at 08:53 AM by madhen

Categories
    Fluff and Feathers
  3. Daisy's broken leg - return of the mummy

by , 08-30-2008 at 02:54 PM
    Okay, so I head down into the birds' room the other day, and there is one of my parakeets, sitting there, leg sticking out at a forty-five degree angle. The look on her face says, "What are you going to do about it?"

I catch her (and she bites me in the process) and we go to the vet. Turns out that Daisy has a broken leg. The vet puts a tape splint on her and says these work great with budgies. Bring her back in a month and we'll take it off.

Daisy went ...

Updated 12-16-2008 at 08:54 AM by madhen

Categories
    Fluff and Feathers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314