Frugal Village Forums - Fat Hen to P.H.A.T. Chick - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Fat Hen to P.H.A.T. Chick

Mad Hen's Miraculous Flight (because chickens can't fly) from frumpy to fabulous....

1. 01/01/2009 P.H.A.T. Chick Journal

by , 01-01-2009 at 11:19 PM
    Spa day today! I gave myself a facial ("mud" mask) and took a longer-than-necessary shower. Combed out my hair and even put a little product into it, even though I had no plans to go anywhere. Since I was primping, I added a little powder foundation and blush.

I have managed to drink six glasses of water so far, and hope to get another two down before the end of the day, at which point, I will refill my eight-cup pitcher and start chilling it for tomorrow.

Updated 01-02-2009 at 07:15 PM by madhen

Categories
  2. 12/29/2008

by , 12-29-2008 at 11:03 PM
    In my daily efforts to effect the transformation from hen to chick, I went on a four mile run/walk today (ran two miles, then walked back).

I am still working on a mirror mantra.

Had to run out to gas up the truck, so, yes, I changed out of my sweats and actually took my hair out of the ponytail and tried to make it look reasonably like something other than a rat's nest. Couldn't quite get myself to put on make-up, as I was just intending to get gas, but at least ...

Updated 12-29-2008 at 11:08 PM by madhen

Categories
  3. 12/28/2008

by , 12-28-2008 at 09:37 PM
    Today, I changed from my sweatpants to regular pants as soon as I got out of bed. I also ran a comb through my hair and brushed my teeth this morning. (Hey, for a weekend, that is quite an accomplishment!)

My hands have been getting really dry lately, between the cold weather, and all the baking (and consequently dishwashing) I've been doing. So I tried to remember to rub some cold cream into them a few times today. I may do an intensive treatment when I go to bed tonight. ...
  4. 12/27/2008: The first tentative flap of the wings....

by , 12-28-2008 at 01:50 AM
    I have been noticing, for some time, my downward slump into frumpiness. I didn't like it, but I never felt I had the energy to change it. Less than ten years ago, I had a stranger come up to me in an airport and ask if he could have his picture taken with me, because he wanted to make his friends jealous with how many beautiful women he had met on his travels. While that would never happen in my current condition, I know it is still possible to achieve that level. I can't have disintegrated ...

Updated 12-28-2008 at 09:29 PM by madhen

Categories
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324