Frugal Village Forums - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    LOL...too funny. Yes Vegas showgirl glitter kind of way sounds just like you!! I too hate having my pic taken but I am more visual than auditory!
    • |
    Nice idea. Unfortunately, I am very camera-shy, so almost no pics of me exist. And I am much more auditory than visual, so words mean a lot more to me than pics. I am thinking of doing them in a Vegas showgirl glitter kind of way, though.
    • |
    Good for you!! To get me out of my sweats on the weekend is like pulling teeth!!

As far as the positive reinforcement mantra......how about a favorite older picture of yourself when you felt your best?
    • |
    Madhen, you are on of the most confident and skillful people I have 'met' in a long time. What a breeze of fresh air, so to speak. I am sure that 2009 will bring you good luck, good health and many happy moments.

I too am sitting by the light of my Christmas tree, enjoying it for the last time til next year. It is time for it to come down and it makes me sad. I too am reflecting on the changes 2008 have brought me and my son and am thankful for where I am in my life.

Enjoy your evening as tomorrow brings more challenges and joy.
    • |
    Good for you madhen! It has been kind of the way I have been feeling lately as well. I have gotten too use to wearing sweats everyday and that is why I am looking forward to 2009----the year of changes!!!

Funny, not only are you the same age as me but the exact same height, but there is no way I am posting my measurements...hee,hee....lets just say they are a little too more generous than yours!!!

I'll be keeping track and egging you on!!! You go girl!!!
    • |
    Thanks, Sara,

Yes, it is a slippery (albeit comfortable) slope when you get and up and don't have any "good" reason to change out of those sweatpants!

I'm with you on the purse. One thing I could never get used to carrying. I have a Day-Planner now, and when people call it a purse, I correct them.

Same with heels, which is funny because in my twenties, you would never see me in flats. I always wore at least 2" heels, and often 3-4" heels. Made me taller than most of the men I worked with! I loved being tall and I could run in those things. Now, back in October, I had to put on some heels to go to a wedding, and I felt like a performing horse! Maybe my January skill should be to re-learn how to walk in heels....
    Updated 12-28-2008 at 11:49 AM by madhen
    • |
    You did it. I was just reading your thread about keeping or tossing clothes. Woohoo. Good for you. I know all about the good ole slump frumps. I work from home and have become ever so comfortable just walking from bed to the keyboard. I've gained weight and while I know I'm not a total Hagatha, I've certainly declined.

I was never ultra femmy even in my younger yrs. I don't even carry a purse or wear jewelry. I'm not sure I can even still walk in heels. LOL I'd wear slip on sandals all year if I could get away with it.

Anyway, I'll be cheering you on. I think it's an awesome challenge.

And yes, by all means throw out the frayed elastic. LMAO No comment Gabe (In case he reads this)!!!
    • |
    Thank you! Sometimes, it feels like a LOT of work, but when I allow myself to stop and just appreciate all I have, I feel like it is worth every minute.
    • |
    You have had such a busy week. I love your ranch lifestyle and can't wait until next spring so I can start a little one of my own. Keep on writing madhen, I feel like we have alot in common and wish I was close enough so I could come and visit!
    • |
    I truly do love hearing about your ranch. It makes me miss the country even more!!
    • |
    "We each of us are responsible to create the spirit of Christmas. Through our attitudes, through our actions, we create an atmosphere of love and peace and acceptance."
    Bravo madhen!
    So very well said. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.
    Gave me much to think about and much to be grateful
    for.

Happy Holidays!

[email protected]
    Updated 12-17-2008 at 12:56 PM by [email protected]
    • |
    Well said madhen.

Christmas spirit comes from within and if you are not content with your life or happy with yourself, the Christmas spirit can elude someone. I also get tired of hearing people complain that they can't afford this or can't afford that. That is not what the season is about.

It is a time to be thankful. Thankful for being alive. Thankful for family, friends, pets, the sun rising everyday and setting evey night, the flowers, trees, the smells of winter.....life itself.
    • |
    Thanks, Misti! It will certainly be a busy one!
    • |
    wow you've had an eventfull week. You rocked with the cookies. OMG I cant imagine 31 different kinds. OI. Blows the mind. I hope you have a fruitful and productive week next week.
    • |
    Thank you! I didn't realize anyone was actually reading it until your comment.
    • |
    I really do enjoy reading your blog.I miss life out on the farm and this blog reminds me of that!
    • |
    Like you I have to say, home is where the heart is! I always love the welcome I get when I return home from my birds and dogs, ever so faithful and happy to see you. The loyality is something that can turn the coldest heart warm! I totally understand how you feel about being home........
    • |
    That is absolutely bloody hilarious!!!
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2835363738