Frugal Village Forums - Ranch Diary - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Ranch Diary

A weekly journal of life on Mad Hen's ranch.

1. A week on the ranch (January 17 - 24, 2010)

by , 01-24-2010 at 09:44 PM
    Wow, I'm working off some major bad karma. This week has been crazy bad. Rosebud, my goat, doesn't appear to be regaining the use of her back leg, although the infection seems to be backing off. Then Riley managed to tear two of his stitches. In the middle of a kick-a$$ storm that made driving downright dangerous, so I just kept an eye on the incision, hoping for the best. (Happily, he was within a day of the number they told me he could go before we could take the stitches out.) Then yesterday, ...

Updated 01-25-2010 at 09:48 PM by madhen

Categories
    Ranch Diary
  2. A week on the ranch (January 4, 2010 - January 17, 2010)

by , 01-18-2010 at 09:56 PM
    Okay, so it's technically TWO weeks on the ranch. I got anti-social and took some time away from the community. I spent all my computer time doing mindless things like playing Mafia Wars and building up my corporation in Ponzi. Every once in a while, I become very reclusive, and unless I forcibly break myself out of that mold, I just get worse and worse. I almost didn't post to my blog today, but I find that forcing myself back into a routine is the fastest way to actually get there!

Updated 01-19-2010 at 11:27 AM by madhen

Categories
    Ranch Diary
  3. A week on the ranch (December 28 - January 3, 2010)

by , 01-04-2010 at 02:32 AM
    Wow, it is 2010!! Woo hoo!! Another year to enjoy and explore. I always feel a little sad at the passing of the old year. It is like giving up a favourite outfit that just doesn't really fit right anymore. But then you turn, and there is the new year, silky and smooth, and waiting for you to slip in and give it a twirl. How can you resist?

I started the year with a "perfect day" challenge. It wasn't a spa day, but a day to be the person I always wanted to be, but just really ...
  4. A week on the ranch (December 21 - 27, 2009)

by , 12-29-2009 at 02:11 AM
    My last ranch blog of 2009! Wow!! The year has flown by!

The big event this week, of course, was Christmas. Most of the week was spent preparing for Christmas Eve dinner, and then collapsing for 48 hours afterward.

Bud the goat is recovering well from his injuries. We had a rough patch for a while, when I wasn't sure if he was going to make it. He stopped eating and drinking, and I had to sit with him and entice him into eating bits of apple. I used a syringe ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
  5. A week on the ranch (December 14 - 20, 2009)

by , 12-21-2009 at 11:02 AM
    That is funny, I almost wrote 1999 as the year when typing the title to this week's blog. I actually remember 1999, and it is difficult to imagine that a whole ten years has flown by since my memories of that year. Memories that didn't seem that valuable at the time now are milestones of years gone by, and it makes me wonder what will be the thing I remember most, in 2019, about this year? Maybe my back injury? Maybe Crash the lab puppy coming into my life? Maybe something that is yet to happen ...
    Categories
    Ranch Diary
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast