Frugal Village Forums - Standing Still - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Standing Still

Not good, but not too shabby

1. We did it! --- oh, and I finally got a bed...

by , 10-15-2008 at 02:09 PM (The Long Road, But Worth Every Step)
    (now that the first 'seen' paycheck has cleared and available)

WE DID IT!

Okay, perhaps that looks a bit overboard, but let me back-up and explain some. We made it through the first 'invisible paycheck' which means we made it through September using one paycheck and the other one was put away for the 2010/2012 plan.

Shhhh... We even had some money left over... and I bought a bed! I can't wait to see the look on my beloveds face when he

Updated 10-15-2008 at 02:14 PM by Lady_V

Categories
    Standing Still
  2. On Target With My Stockpile...

by , 10-03-2008 at 11:17 PM (The Long Road, But Worth Every Step)
    I apologize in advance... today's post lacks the energy I usually try to display in my writing.

Sometimes being in the wrong place at the right time can be a wonderful thing.

I added to my stockpile today -- I'm excited... is that sad or what??

I had library class today and after, I stayed to tidy up a bit. I usually leave through the hall door but I went through the office. People were talking about Target -- "Kmart with a better paint job" is how

Updated 10-03-2008 at 11:26 PM by Lady_V

Categories
    Standing Still
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shopping_cart.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	23386  

3. Let Me Touch You One More Time...

by , 09-29-2008 at 11:34 PM (The Long Road, But Worth Every Step)
    The other day, I made a post to the forum about finally having my BEF (baby emergency fund) complete.

How could I have been so insensitive to refer to it as a 'baby'. It is my 'BSMEF' (big, strong, muscular emergency fund). How could I have been so cold to try to infantile the one thing that will defeat Murphy should it try to rear it's ugly head!

(Do you think that will work? The last thing I want to do is upset it... then it will want to go away!)

I would

Updated 09-29-2008 at 11:36 PM by Lady_V

Categories
    Standing Still
  4. Spending a Little to Save A LOT!

by , 09-23-2008 at 02:39 PM (The Long Road, But Worth Every Step)
    Before I begin, I wanted to thank those who took the time to stop by my blog(s) and wanted to let you know I appreciate the feedback.

Sitting at my desk Sunday night reading the new posts and peeking at random spots in the Village is how I noticed the 'Get Coupons' link. I don't know if it's new, or I just never noticed it before.

Being curious, I checked it out. There aren't many coupons for the the things I buy. My usual cart fillers are store brand or other off-name

Updated 09-23-2008 at 02:44 PM by Lady_V

Categories
    Standing Still