Frugal Village Forums - Uncategorized - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Almost 4 years since last blog entry

by , 02-08-2014 at 09:02 AM (Life and times on a Iowa farm)
    Wow I come to this site a lot but never post any more hmmm maybe can try again.

1 kid in college now, 1 graduating this yr. from HS. the other still 2 yrs. to go

oldest in Ca. has 4 foster to adopt. kids now, and are barley making it even with the money for fostering. The poor girls always seem to be getting sick too. But I know they are loved and taken care of. And they even look like they could be their natural parents!

Today maybe the last day of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. It's trying to snow

by , 10-27-2010 at 08:23 PM (Life and times on a Iowa farm)
    Some times that can be a 4 letter word I don't like! The wind has been blowing hard the last 48 hours, no tornados for us though. It does kinda make it relaxing like the ocean when you go to bed. But over all it is wicked outside, cold snow/rain and this wind. Today I did nothing and I get pissed at myself for having these type of days. I just always think to myself tommorrow I can get something done and with the winter coming so do the blues.

But on the upside I get to take ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sweating

by , 10-24-2010 at 07:41 AM (Life and times on a Iowa farm)
    So hear I sit at 5:30 in the morning in NW Iowa sweating and DH doesn't even have the heat on, oh ya maybe its the 3 pans in the kitchen boiling for church today for soup. Kids are haveing a harvest festival and I get to supply the soup, yeah that's it and of course hot flashes going on too.

Tried those potatoes from my last post and they were good, won't go out of my way to much to make them though for they need buttermilk in them ans I just so happen to have some at the time since ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 2 days left of harvest

by , 10-19-2010 at 04:59 PM (Life and times on a Iowa farm)
    Well the end is near yippee! This will be the first time harvest is all done in the month of Oct. There was no rain days once everything got rolling. Made at least a couple hundred meals and took to the field for the guys.

Then one day I picked up some magizines, one had a little of everything geared towards holiday cooking, then I thought about trying every reciepe in it, so today is the first day I try something in it. lol its mashed potatoes of all things...ok so with a twist..If ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ramblings

by , 10-10-2010 at 09:27 AM (Life and times on a Iowa farm)
    Our bean harvest is done and now on to corn. I t does'nt sound like I will hit the 15 mark of feeding guys in the field this year only the 7-10, but heck if your cooking for anything over 5 its all the same...

Sons two calves are starting to tame down, he washed one yesterday, but he got kicked too...nothing serious so all is well there.

The old farrowing house where I had all my chicken pens is about all cleaned out, then on to power washing it and getting it ready ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast