Frugal Village Forums - Uncategorized - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. I can see ground

by , 03-08-2010 at 08:58 AM (Life and times on a Iowa farm)
    Well our snow is melting...finally! Its been the most snow since I have lived here in Iowa. We still have big drifts and pile and they will be around for awhile. The temps have been staying aroun 30-34 for the last week and finally it feels good to go outside and do something...WORK but that outside work beats this dang housework anytime in my book.

S.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Still been cold....

by , 02-27-2010 at 08:54 AM (Life and times on a Iowa farm)
    Well its been over a month since my last post and temps have not got above 30, so we still have tons of snow, the kids have had 10 snow days total this year too.

DH and the boys went skiing in Co. and had a blast, and at that time DD and I went to DesMoines for the beef expo where she showed her steer, she got a first in her class for showmanship and her steer placed 7 out of 11 in his class, she was quiet happy all around with the out come.

We now have 220 chicks growing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A warmer week we had

by , 01-17-2010 at 09:14 AM (Life and times on a Iowa farm)
    Well this week was realy nice, temps above 0 and a couple of days got high up to about 25!! Spent the week getting calves ready for a show in a couple of weeks, we had the 4H beef weigh in yesterday so finally that is out of the way. The baby chicks are doing great!! no deaths yet.

Been shoveling alot of snow so that has been good exercise for me this week and my arms aren't as stiff feeling too.

Went out for my birthday last night a day early and it was a great ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Baby chicks

by , 01-12-2010 at 08:50 AM (Life and times on a Iowa farm)
    We'll DH, the kids and I had a nice little trip to Yankto SD to pick up some baby chicks Sunday. Some of the roads were good and some still packed with snow. I feel for those who still had their crops in the fields too! We ended up with 84 chicks and so far they are doing well. In a couple of weeks another family will come and get about 25-30 of them for their kids. I said we will grow them abit and this will help sort out the week ones. I think DD will take some of these on to the state ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Worst snow ever!

by , 01-09-2010 at 08:52 AM (Life and times on a Iowa farm)
    Well as the kids came home early on wed. from school they were also home for the next 2 days. It snow all day wed. then blew from about 1 am thur. until early friday morning it was awful. Cattle got out on Thur. so we were fighting the wind and whip snow and were blinded to even find the darn things, the DH had to get a tractor out to clear a path so we could chase them into a pen, If ever I thought I was going to get frost bite that was the day!! Snow drifts around the cattle pens areabout 15-20 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast