What a Tough Decision.....
by, 03-20-2009 at 02:58 PM (1150 Views)
I am faced with a tough decision this week. As I have previously mentioned, my office is closing and consolidating into the office in San Antonio. I have received my lay off notice and my last day is July 10th. I received that news about a month ago.
Well, Monday I come to work and the boss wants to see me. Seems as though 24 people in my office, including myself, are being offered jobs in San Antonio, TX. Here are the terms of the job offer: $20,000 lump sum payment for moving expenses, No raise, Same job. We must tell them by today, but we got an extension until the 30th. So, what do I do??
Here's what I'm thinking as far as pro's and con's:
Moving expenses paid to a maximum of $20,000
I will have a job and a paycheck
I would be receiving same insurance coverage for infertility
Opportunity to move to a new city
Possible advancement in job
Uncertain future of company (since they closed our office-they could do the same to this one)
No promotion-but the opportunity for a promotion later
Not using my degree for this job
I don't like my job now why would I want to stay here
I would have to move
Dh would have to find a new job in SA
Our house may not sell
We would have to spend money to fix the house
We would owe bond money back since we have lived in our house less than 7 years.
Ok, so there are more con's then pro's here. That would lead me to believe that I should not take the job offer. I am prepared to turn in my letter and checking the "I decline" box today. I figure that me finding a job in town would be easier than my dh trying to find a job in SA. He makes more money than I do, so it would make sense for him to keep his job. We could have insurance with his company, but there would be no coverage for infertility.
I've been stressed out......I wonder why!