Getting it Together
by, 04-06-2010 at 11:20 AM (689 Views)
In 11 days, the social worker is coming over for our home inspection and home study for our adoption. So, I have 11 days to get it together...the house I mean.
In the past week I've done quite alot. I am trying to clean the house and get rid of a lot of junk and organize it better. Here is what I've accomplished last week.
1) The office (future baby's room): Right now it houses the computer, desk, shelves, and filing cabinets. Oh, and all the merchandise for the Booster club booth. That is all going to be gone on Sunday! Woohoo! I put all the cards in storage in the shed. I threw away trash, old text books and 7 empty check boxes. Shredded all of my old bills.
2) Bought cleaning supplies: mop bucket, floor cleaner, and swiffer dusters (which are awesome by the way!).
3) I have kept on top of dishes, paper clutter in the kitchen, and laundry.
Today I am going to:
1) Clean off all the counters in the kitchen. Put away everything on the counters that doesn't belong there.
2) Work on finding a better way to house the papers and pens on the kitchen counter. Perhaps a small basket or organizer. I am going to Walmart at lunch so I will see what I can find.
3) If I have time I am going to print off calendar pages for the rest of the year. 3 of each month. 1 for menu, 1 for bills, 1 for kitchen.