Where did 2010 go & welcoming in 2011 with new goals!
by, 01-22-2011 at 08:32 PM (1088 Views)
I love keeping a blog, so that I can go back through old posts and compare where we are & what we need to continue to work on or change, even though I'm *really, really, really* bad at posting to it...lol.
So much has happened since the last time that I posted here that I wouldn't even know where to begin...so I'll just start with what I'm currently dealing with.
Mike & I have been having some major financial upheaval lately. We've let our budget go south, he hasn't been taking good financial responsibility as the bill payer and because of a few contributing factors, we've all suffered.
Things are very tight and that's all I'll say about this issue for now...it's soo long and drawn out to even begin to go into it, you'd all be asleep, trust me!
So...moving onto some goals I've made for this year!
1) I will be taking over the finances for our household.
2) I want to get our stockpile restocked as quickly as possible, but looking at our budget for the upcoming next few months, this goal might take the better part of 2011.
I have come to terms with this, and I'm okay with it.
3) We are adding to our "garden" this year.
We use the garden box system, and we are doubling them this upcoming Spring to hopefully grow many more vegetables.
Also I want to add another couple fruit trees to the yard as well.
4) I will be looking into making more homemade items this year:
liquid laundry detergent
general cleaning products
pizzas (which we've been doing over the past month with *great* succes...I think the secret is finding a perfect pizza crust recipe)
5) Funding our BEF and then getting our budge "back on track".
These are the most important ones for now. If I add any new 'goals' to this list, I will come back and make another post.