1 19 2010
by, 01-19-2010 at 04:43 AM (505 Views)
I managed to get the rest of the berries in. More blueberries, some raspberries and blackberries. When the workmen did the driveway they managed to tear out the old raspberries. My daughter helped me and we did the lasagna weeding method. Used newspapers many layers and then topped with mulch. I had some bags of manure but will wait to use that around the veggies. We probably only made it 1/4 to 1/3 of the way. I might not go the whole way as I have a few huge lavender bushes that are at the bottom of the driveway.We do the work now and hopefully save us the work of weeding later. I am trying to get more to grow at the bottom of the driveway as I have no sprinklers there and it takes a real drought tolerant plant to make it. I am working on organizing papers this morning before work. The rain has let up, so if it is good I may plant 2 grape vines.