Busy busy week
by, 02-06-2009 at 10:50 AM (930 Views)
Been so busy this week, haven't had time to blog like I normally do but here it goes…
Work week has been very hectic, I work for a Staff Counsel office for a Major Insurance Company,and I'm not sure whether it’s the economy or whats going on, but people are filing suits left and right, suing this, suing that, accident here, premises liabilty there, and so on…I guess I can call it job security, but holey bologny!! Our company just gobbled up another insurance company, we're like the big fish who eats the smaller fish…we inherit their files and some employees to compensate for the work flow but this is just crazy. I’m lucky if this week I had time to go to the bathroom, seriously.
Well DP got paid on Thursday and her income tax got deposited as well, which was good, I've been praying and praying for that work itself out, so we're making her car payment on Monday, I have mine scheduled for next Friday, and the extra money (irs refund) is going to go towards living expenses this week (i.e. parking, food etc) and then hopefully my income tax is scheduled to be direct deposited on Friday the 13th along with my normal pay, and DP's pay on Thursday. If that all goes well with out a hitch I'll be a happy girl. I'm paying the mortgage early, so not to incur a late charge like we had to do for the past two months since the (stolen wallet fiasco) we'll be back on track for that, the rest of the refund I have spining in my head to go towards all excess bills that will then be out of the picture. So if this works out, I'll just have my 2 credit cards to pay down and the normal utitlities. I’m paying off the last 1 1/2 pay day loan so that will be clear, I have some msc bills that will be cleared up and then I want to put a chunk down on the cc and have enough left over to put in the bank. My bonus/raise is coming up in March, so I'm crossing my fingers on that, because last year I got the VIP award which equated to a 2500 bonus, which didn't include my raise. So I'm crossing myfingers and praying a lot lately. I feel my anxiety has somewhat subsided since I have joined this site, I mean I still have it but its not as bad because I get to vent and let it out a lot. You guys are great btw.
So on to this weekend, tonight we're going to the Puppy Love Pasta dinner benefiting our local Cumberland Valley Animal Shelter, it is $5.00 a person for a big plate of spaghettie, salad, drink and desert. We have been going for the past 3 years and it is fun and the money goes towards a good cause. Lord knows we have suppored the CVAS with the purchase of 3 of our doggies. Then I'm going to head to the Aldi's and pick up some odds and ends stuff that I need to keep in my stockpile. Saturday we might take a drive to go look at some antique shops/thrift shops, ( you know my normal Saturday adventures). As for the rest of the time after that, its up in the air. So im looking forward to this weekend and the next week in hopes that things will all work out and there wont be any unneeded surprises. Have a great weekend everyone…
Oh, here's something that someone sent me…My frugal tip of the week!
Coffee filters ..who knew!
And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave.
Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China .
Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent
the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them.
Soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick fixers."