ItHas Been A While
by, 04-24-2011 at 06:01 PM (571 Views)
I just got a notice in the mail about my insurance rates going up, again. Gas is going up, my check stays the same. Food price go up, my check stays the same. My favorite thrift stores is raising it's prices and my check stays the same. I don't know how to make my check go up, without getting a second job. I calculated that the amount of gas it would take me to get to a new job, would lessen my check by half. I would be working just to fill the gas tank. I have to find ways to work with what I have.
1. I have already started taking my lunch to work.
2. I brought some seeds the other day for tomatoes, greens.
3. I have been getting my videos from the library, on my way home from work.
4. Keeping a diary of what I am spending.
5. Spend at least 5 hours per day on coupons
6. Shop in my own closet
7. Try and barter a lot of my goods and services
8. Reuse, recycle, re purpose everything
9. Downgrade my cell phone, cable services
10. Last but not least, Pray.
Now I know none of this is new to anyone, I have not slacked off my duty in trying to be as frugal as possible. But I am only human. I work full time, teach class twice a week(for free), trying to build my jewelry and paper craft business where it can be self supporting, and anything and everything to save more money in my pocket. My husband is on disability and I have a fixed income. It does not look pretty. Some how we manage and make it through the grace of God. Prayer does work. I can trust in God to keep and take care of me. He gives me the strength to carry on. Without his watching over me, I don't know where I would be. No, this is not a sermon, but I have to use everything in my arsenal. The most powerful thing I know is God.