Banana muffin recipe
by, 01-12-2009 at 07:32 PM (1411 Views)
I found the recipe online, so I am sharing it. It's posted athttp://www.mamashealth.com/recipe/banmuff.asp
Chipper Banana MuffinsFrom the book Weight Watchers Simply the Best by Weight WatchersMakes 18 Servings
Marsha likes to bake a batch of muffins on the weekend and freeze them for the hectic weekday morning.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup skim buttermilk
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line eighteen 2 ¾" muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the sugar, applesauce, eggs and oil until frothy.
- With the mixture at low speed, alternately add the bananas and buttermilk with the flour mixture; until just combined (do not over mix).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the cups and cool completely on a rack.
5 g Total Fat
1 g Saturated Fat
24 mg Cholesterol
161 mg Sodium
23 g Total Carbohydrate
1 g Dietary Fiber
3 g Protein
38 mg Calcium
Points Per Serving: 3