by, 05-09-2013 at 07:04 PM (8540 Views)
Time to take a break and look at what needs to be done, and realistically what can be done! Hubby sat down and made his 'dream list' of renovations on the property. A quick tally and I quit adding up the dollars when I hit $75,000.00. Here's the list, including the priority we placed on them. Bear in mind this man wants to retire in two years!
- Remove tree in backyard that is causing foundation problems.
- Repair damage to wall from shifting house.
- Install telepost in basement, if needed.
- Have chimney cleaned.
- Renovate kitchen (Need to go down to the studs and remove the ceiling due to poor renovation by previous homeowners.).
- Refinish all hardwood floors on both levels.
- Renovate front entry (already started).
- Replace garage.
- Renovate basement bathroom (need new toilet, sink, and flooring. A paint job wouldn't hurt.)
- Refinish steel and brass heating grates (we live in a 1928 home so these are the big heavy suckers).
- Install a fan in the upstairs bathroom & a razor plug in (will do when the kitchen ceiling is torn out.)
- Renovate back yard
- Renovate front yard
- Replace fence on south side of property
- Replace fence between houses
- New windows (we still have single pane windows on. We keep storm windows on them year round to help control heat.)
- Replace furnace (not a priority because it works fine, it's just closing in on 25 years old)
- Re-do insulation in attic (not a priority, but has Zonolite. We are not moving it without professional help.)
Our renovation list and budget shifts like the Sands of Time.