Finished Mega Cooking
by, 08-30-2014 at 06:46 PM (4906 Views)
I finished my mega-cooking for the month of September in preparation for the renovation. Hubby thought he would not have to do any dishes all month. I had to enlighten him that there would be plastic storage containers and pots from side dishes that needed doing. And that we would need a bucket to put in the basement sink to wash dishes. The basement sink is disgusting. It is a cheap one and will no longer come clean.
So...the meals made?
- Spagheti Sauce (2 meals, 2 individual lunches)
- Shepherd's Pie (3 meals, 4 individual lunches)
- Chili (2 meals)
- Lasagna (2 meals and 2 individual lunches)
- Meatloaf (2 meals and 2 individual lunches)
- Hamburgers (3 meals and 3 individual lunches)
- Meatballs (1 meal and 3 individual lunches)
- Cranberry Pork Roast (1 meal and probably at least 3 individual lunches)
- Peachy Pork Chops (2 meals and 2 individual lunches)
- Pork Tenderloin in Balsamic Marinade (2 meals and 2 individual lunches)
- Grilled pork chops (1 meal)
- Spaghetti Squash (to go with 2 meals of Spaghetti Sauce)
- Spinach Quiche (2 meals and 1 individual lunch)
- Hawaiian Chicken (2 meals and leftovers)
- Orange Teriyaki Chicken (2 meals and leftovers)
- Dump Lemon Chicken (2 meals and leftovers)
- Tuna Fish Surprise (2 meals)
- Salmon Burgers (2 meals and 1 individual lunch)
- Fish Cakes (2 meals and 3 individual lunches)
- Salmon Vegetable Chowder (7 individual lunches)
- Gluten Free Biscuits (9 to go with the Salmon Vegetable Chowder)
So 35 meals and at least 38 individual lunches. The cost was $450CAD, including over $60 of paper, tin, and plastic to store things in and to last while we are renovating. Ie. I picked up plastic cutlery and paper cups while out shopping for the food. Also a mega-pack of paper towels at Costco.
It took me four days to shop and cook this amount of food. For sure though, I had other things to do those four days too. So really it was a solid two days of cooking stretched over four days.
We are a bit short chicken and fish meals, so we will be supplementing with Roast Chicken from Safeway and some grilled fish.
That's the update on that end of the renovation. Last see which lasts longer - the food or the renovation!