Easy Light Wheat/White Bread

Recipe Description
A really nice light loaf -- with a slight sweetness -- that can be adapted to whatever ingredients you have on hand.
Preparation Steps:Level of Difficulty:
Easy
Time Needed:
3 hours
Ingredients:
Ingredients Per Recipe:

1 cup warm water (110-115F)
1 Tbs milk
2 Tbs oil
2 Tbs honey
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1-1/2 cup white all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp dry active yeast
Serves:
1 loaf
Directions:
Combine water, milk, oil, honey/sugar and salt; stir. Add flours and yeast, and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 10-15 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with a clean towel and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes. (If using breadmaker, see instructions and resume here with remaining directions). Punch dough down; knead for a few minutes until smooth and then form into a loaf. Place in greased loaf pan and cover. Let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. If loaf starts browning too soon, lightly lay a piece of foil on top of the loaf to prevent too much darkening. Remove bread from oven and allow to rest in pan for a few minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cover with a cloth. Slice and enjoy while still warm! Leftover bread can be stored in an airtight bag or frozen until needed.
NOTE: If using dough cycle on breadmaker, add ingredients in order of listing into 'bucket'. Set on dough setting and continue with remainder of instructions. COOK'S NOTE: I used the breadmaker to mix/knead and I made the following substitutions: 1 Tbs milk made from powdered milk; 4 Tbs white sugar instead of 2 Tbs honey + 2 Tbs brown sugar; 3 cups all purpose flour instead of 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour + 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour; 1 pkg active dry yeast instead of 2 tsp active dry yeast. I also brushed top of baked loaf with melted butter. Yumm-O!!
After the first 5 minutes of the kneading cycle, make sure dough is correct consistency... add flour if it seems too moist, add water if it seems too dry.