Parmesan Crackers

Recipe Description
Homemade Parmesan cheese crackers with options.
Preparation Steps:Level of Difficulty:
Easy
Time Needed:Ingredients:
1 stick butter, chilled
2 c. flour
8 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg yolk
1/2 c. water
Add-ins as desired
Serves:
One quart freezer bag plus about a cup.
Directions:
In food processor, cut butter into flour till mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese and egg yolk and mix well. Add enough water that the mixture forms a ball. Heat oven to 350. Divide dough and roll out as thin as possible on lightly floured surface. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet and prick all over with fork or use roller docker. Cut to desired size, using pizza cutter. Bake 15-20 minutes or till crisp and just starting to brown. Watch carefully. Cool on wire rack. Eat or freeze immediately. Remember these do not have preservatives.

Coarse salt may be sprinkled on top of crackers and patted lightly so it sticks. Parmesan is already salty, so I don't add salt because I don't think the crackers really need any more.

A tortilla press may be used to 'roll' these out. Very quick and simple.

Add ins: I added dried rosemary and black pepper to my crackers at the start of the mixing process, so the food processor chopped up the rosemary very fine, too. It worked great. You can add whatever you like to these, so use your imagination. Try a pinch of cayenne or a few drops of Tabasco if you like a little heat. Try basil or an Italian seasoning mix, or a little garlic powder. Try tomato sauce instead of the water, along with Italian seasoning. Spaghetti sauce in a cracker!