my son
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my son

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default my son

has a sensory integration disorder and doesn't eat.....he now is on a feeding tube which is probably the best thing for him at this time.H has gained weight,and he had had a terrible eczema rash so bad he couldn't walk which is gone now.He is taking zinc and iron supplements.He has been in a program through the school district to try to get him eating.We have high hopes that he will be accepted by St. Mary's, an excellent feeding program here on long island.He does not socialize well with other children( especially in groups better one on one) and adults have to win him over for the most part.He is doing so much better now, right now he is giggling at a tv show since he woke early with a full diaper lol...He is three and a half. My DH and I had quite a struggle, with each other as sometimes these difficult times can either bring a couple together or rip them apart...with us it was the latter. We are doing better now, and i think we will be fine....

patty

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is wonderful news, may he continue to flourish and grow.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, that is good news! Thanks for the update.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Praying your son makes improvements by leaps and bounds. May all the therapist interact with him be the right ones , the right program become available , a the right children with special hearts and patients for him to play come into his life. May you have peace of mind through your journey.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thinking of you and hope each day is bright for you and your family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thats wonderful news !! many hospitals have wonderful feeding clinics !!

my youngest dd couldnt swallow textured foods until she was 2.5 yo. ( she could suck the heck out of a peice of steak and then spit it out ) .

they never could figure out why she has none of the usual medical issues ( cerebral palsy -sensory disporders etc ) that go along with having such an issue .

we had to go to an eating clinic at CHOP in philly .

they never did figure out what the exact cause was they think maybe because she didnt ger her first teeth till she was 17 months she just never learned to chew at the right devlopmental age we had to teach her to chew and swallow textures.

she is now 13

she also has also been very sensative to seams in clothing appliques in clothing etc still cant swallow pills and still has a hyper sensative gag reflex.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default update on Gabe

He is putting things in his mouth! and ate a pretzel at school!He has an appointment at St mary's on the 25th.he brushes his teeth and is using the toilet(pee at least).i am so pleased and proud of him.He eats lollipops and ice pops too and even drank a little water from a cup yesterday( all he drinks is oj).He is progressing in leaps and bounds ....things are starting to come together.

patty

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

patty i will pray for his continued success. maybe this progress will cement you and dh together again. i will pray for all of you.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Will pray with the rest of the posters for continued progress and success in his eating.

Hugs to you with all you are dealing with on all levels. Keep the faith.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The pretzel is wonderful news! May he continue to grow by leaps and bounds. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll add my prayers to the rest that he continues to succeed in overcoming his difficulties. I have an autistic son who has some issues regarding food, also, so I know kind of what you are going thru!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thats great news !!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thank you all for your prayers and support...I would be happy if it brought our family back together, but I don't feel he( my STBX)is able to truly commit to me as our marriage had been unconventional and he couldn't deal with my jealousy and my anxiety that brought him in turn much anxiety.Im giving myself a good year sabbatical from men and relationships.

patty

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good news--our prayers and good thoughts go out to you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~My 8yo has SID. He lived almost entirely on milk, applesauce, instant maple oatmeal, crackers and hot dogs for about a year. He still has major issues with textures and trying things. He adds about 20 foods a year to his ok list. It's encouraging to see his fear of the food grow weaker. But we're still a long way from serving him "normal" meals on a regular basis.
    But I want to encourage you as someone who has been dealing with this for awhile. It does get better. Some things seemed to disappear overnight. Improvement in leaps and bounds is a good description. Next year this time you are going to shocked and amazed to remember where he was this year.
    ((hugs)) ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast