Update on DD

Thread: Update on DD

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Update on DD

So DD's teacher who I have had problems with went on mat leave. So she got a new teacher and she is great. She has a back ground in special ED. She is fairly young so she is willing to learn and work with me. I went and spoke to her tonight and she has been working with DD every day, and will start sending home daily reports so I can track DD behavior at school. She has read the reports and the IEP and has some suggestions on how to improve it. She is also willing to work with the tutor I found for DD who is also getting her master’s in Education and is specializing in special ED.
    Maybe just maybe things will finally start looking up and DD will start getting the help she needs in school.
    I also call the child psychiatrist DD saw at the hospital and it will be up to another 3 weeks before they even find someone to see her regularly and then it could be another few months before someone can see her. I also have to go back to the new peds dr. and have her medication reevaluated, and have her weighed again.
    I started using a weekly schedule on a white board, and a magnetic responsibility chart that she seems to be responding to well. I am going to set her up a meal plan so she knows what is for supper because that can through her off as well. I also have to say praise for The ADD/ADHD Checklist book Second Edition by Sandra F. Rief, M.A

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/ADD-ADHD-Checklist-Practical-Reference/dp/0470189703"]Amazon.com: The ADD/ADHD Checklist: A Practical Reference for Parents and Teachers (J-B Ed: Checklist) (9780470189702): Sandra F. Rief M.A.: [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bLwqn-G%[email protected]@[email protected]@51bLwqn-G%2BL[/ame]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so happy to hear that things are going well and she is getting the how she needs at school. That's awesome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo for the update Rhiamon - what a turnaround!! .... and what potential for a lot of good things!! Am so glad to hear everything - please keep us updated!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great news! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So glad things are finally starting to gel a bit for both of you. You should feel very proud of the progress you've made for her. We subscribe to a site called LDonline. It is a wonderful site.