How are you getting ready for back to school?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How are you getting ready for back to school?

So school has started for some and going to start soon for others. How do you get your children ready? Do they want to go back? Do you have a meeting with the new teacher?

DD is excited to go back. I do meet with the teacher the first few weeks after school starts and I ask for an IEP meeting twice a year. The beginning of school and near the end. I find it exciting to see how excited DD is. She said to me that this year she hopes to make a good friend. I have to say it almost broke my heart and that she hopes that she will get invited to stuff. I hope the same for her. This year they are supposed to start training her on the Dragon computer program.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My kids go back next Tues. DD is excited, DS not so much . We have a meet the teacher on Thursday but since it is a small private school they already know the teachers and the classmates.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My ds(13) has gone back today (second year). The girls(6) will be going back tomorrow into Seniors. They all are looking forward to going back & I will have 2 parent/teacher meetings for each child throughout the year. I'll ask about a month in to meet with their teacher to see how they are settling in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My son went back last Thursday. He is reluctant to go, but manages just fine. We'll also have an IEP meeting at the end of Sept. We had one in May to basically set up what we want for him this year, but it's easier to actually set goals after he's been back a few weeks to see where he's at.

I do wish the bus would hurry up and get on a schedule. Last year it came between 8:17 and 8:22. It hasn't come any earlier than 8:37 and some days as late at 8:42. I had to move my hours at work, but I can't put him on the bus, drop the baby off, and make it to work by 9am unless I can leave by 8:30, so I've been late every day since school started.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sophie is really excited to go to Kindergarten...starts on Sept 10th. I will have a meeting the week before to talk about Sophie. I guess we will go from there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Sorry I did not realize this thread was in the children with special needs section.

Removed my post.

Will leave this thought though.

The school my children attend bends over backward to make every pre school thru high school student, even "average" ones, comfortable with their teachers and school, doing so even before school starts. They also work at having a parent teacher connection with awesome communication.

I would hope that teachers of students that find school or attending school hard or uncomfortable would try extra hard going way over to make student and parents are comfortable. It is so important I feel to learning.

I am wishing every student a happy, secure, and productive learning year. Parents wishing you a great school year too.
    Last edited by imagine; 08-29-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: my original post did not belong