Update we had the appointment!!!!!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Update we had the appointment!!!!!

So we had our appointment we were there for almost 2 hours. The psychiatrist said that she thinks it is just very very severe ADHD, OD, and that because of her LD that compacts things and because her bullying had been so bad at one point (I pulled her from that school) and that bullying issues continue she almost has a mild form of PTSD. She also has fine motor skill problems as well as a slow processing speed.
    So she said things are bad enough that she could hospitalize DD but we all decided that would not be very helpful at this point. So she stopped the Prozac and added an extra dose of Ritalin at 4. So DD is on 60mgs a day now. That she will look at adding something else but does not want to make to many changes to quickly. They want an updated psycho educational testing. She also thinks the school is still expecting to much from her and that she will set that right. She still wants DD to take the kids anger management group at the end of Oct. Also that she wants DD to work with there behavioral therapist.
    I told her that I don't expect a magic pill and I know things will always be a challenge for us and that things will change as she gets older. She said yes but it doesn't have to be this bad. I almost cried I thought this was as good as it was going to get.
    She also told me that the other organization was trying to put stuff in place for DD that she was to young (not her biological age) to understand. OH and that this is not my fault!!!!!!!!!!! She also said that DD needs to be very very structured all the time. So she said that the behaviorist will help us with that.
    She said that other people (not us) expect to much from her because her oral ability and her vocabulary is way above average. So they hear her talk and treat her older then she is and are also only looking at her biological age. Not her emotional age.
    We have another appointment next Monday.
    I feel like just maybe there maybe some hope. I am trying not to get my hopes up to much. I feel like my knocking on people doors going something is wrong has finally paid off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is wonderful news! And yes, I'm happy also that you kept plugging away at trying to find the help your daughter needs. That bullying thing...I don't have kids but I hear about it all the time on the news and from friends and from some grandparents. That is just one of the most awful things for a child and their family to have to go through.
    I can't wait for you to get with the behavioral therapist. That will probably be extremely beneficial. In the meantime, you deserve huge kudos for all you've done. Well done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's wonderful! Sometimes all it takes is finding the one key person that can help unlock everything, and it sounds like maybe you've finally been able to find her. I'm so hoping for you that's the case!

It sounds like you have reasonable expectations. That's so important.

I like that the new doc isn't going to just throw a ton of meds at your daughter and call that a cure. I think she's right about adding things gradually. Otherwise, how will all of you know what's working or not?

I'm also glad you were told this isn't your fault. It isn't!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so glad you've found some answers, Rhiamon! You are such a wonderful advocate for your daughter, and she is so lucky to have you for a Mom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiamon View Post
    I feel like just maybe there maybe some hope. I am trying not to get my hopes up to much. I feel like my knocking on people doors going something is wrong has finally paid off.
    I am so glad to see/hear that you got someone that will help.......and you have been working so hard at this......you deserve hugs for doing it all.
    Good luck and I hope things 'level out' for you soon.........and that the hills and valleys will only become 'little slopes' in your life!!