Looking for info on Lead Poisoning in Children

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Looking for info on Lead Poisoning in Children

Well is has been a week since we found out that our 16 month old ds blood lead level has come up in 3 months. The dr. has told us to feed him a high protien, high iron, high vit. c & high calcium diet.....which we have been doing for almost 4 months now when it was fist discovered he had slightly elevated lead levels in his blood. No they are higher. I am praying this starts working because I don't know what we are going to do in Feb. if the levels go up again. Our 3 year old dd is fine and always has been.

Our home is 80+ years old, we painted about 2 years ago and the paint is starting to chip in some areas...we moved the baby out of his room and into ours until we can safely seal the walls behind sheetrock & new moldings. But that has to be done carefully as to not disturb the lead paint and put more particles in the air.

I have called the house the "Money Pit" since we bought it 5 years ago, and this is now the icing on the cake. I have been looking into the removal process and it is time consuming (we would have to move out while it was being done) and very costly (almost as much as we paid for the "Pit".

I just don't know what to do anymore....If anyone has any info or advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Merry Christmas,
    Mel

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Arrow

Hi Mel,
    I have no information for you, but wanted to let you know I was thinking about you guys.

Wishing you a Happy Holiday. Talk to you soon,
    Sara