When did you began to suspect your child was different?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question When did you began to suspect your child was different?

Was it at birth, at toddler's age or an older age. Did you always feel it if it wasn't diagnosed at birth. Did you begin to suspect has you watched other children?

Tell us about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My son Cordel was diagnosed AI when he was 2 years 4 months old, he is almost 4 now. I thought that there was something wrong when he was about 15 months old. I mentioned to his DR that he wasn't talking, but she dismissed it as my VERY vocal older son doing all of the talking for him. I then really started to look for answers when he was about 18-19 months.

I had no clue about autism tho, it was not until my mom suggested it that I even looked into it. By then he was getting speech and Early Head Start.

As I looked back there were a lot of signs, his obsession with kicking wood chips, he would swing for hours even as a baby, flicking his hand to chage the lights. I even took him in to have his eyes checked when he was 2 months old because he was not smiling and holding eye contact like I thought he should, I thought he might be blind.

Tina

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my son was not talking and relating to other children when he should have been and i blamed it on his sister who was 2 years older and had a mouth. it ran constantly. she did everything for him but by the time the youngest came (he was 4) and not doing things other 4 year olds would do when i finally crawled out of denial i started to get help.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I always thought there was something slightly off, but shrugged it off as paranoia. I did notice he didn't respond well to himself in a mirror, play with many toys, or point. At 18 mos. and speech regression, I knew there was a problem.

Sara